Boxing is this true?????????

George Foreman has talked about aiming for the throat with the jab.

Aim for the throat and if he knows how to fight (chin over throat) it lands on the chin?

Thats the only reason I could see how this advice would be useful.

I agree with some osters; I imagine that this is more a case of aim for the throat and you'll hit the chin kind of thing. Gloves are very bulky, and you'll be very hard pushed to hit the throat. But, the chin being tucked into the throat area means that you are more than likely to hit there. Also, if an opponent has their chin up and you aim for the chin, if they tuck up before it comes in you might miss. But, if you aim fir the throat and they tuck in, you're more likely to hit. I can see the logic behind it - kind of like a moving target being easier to hit logic.

In boxing, the main target is the button or the chin. But with a glove on, it's so big that if you consciously aim for the chin, it will be too high. So yes, you do aim for the throat so to speak, but you're not actually trying to punch him in the throat which would be impossible anyway with gloves. In Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu which I also train in however, we use the panther fist (Charp Choy) and in that case we would try to punch the throat and other soft tissues. But that's bareknuckle.

troll.gif

when you aim for the throat you hit the chin

yeah this is the only thing i can think of
but what if they don't tuck there chin 4 some reason
then u just got a throat strike and a DQ

perhaps he means aim for the neck because more then likely he'll tuck his chin and you then hit him on the button, thats the only thing i can think of...

Aim for the neck and your more likely to hit the chin!

Ya my instructor says the same thing. just means when someone sees a punch they duck their head naturally. You are really trying to hit the bottom of the chin which is the knockout button.

Still.... I have only ever heard this in a Sherdog Boxing forum.....

Still.... I have only ever heard this in a Sherdog Boxing forum.....

same here.
idk maybe one day i'll try it.
idk im kinda scared 2 cuz if i hit the throat some1 can be seriously screwed.
I mean that's just one of those things u don't mess w. (unless u are choking some1)

make sure you're actually going to a "boxing gym"

Not some place that "trains boxing"

Huge Difference.

same here.
idk maybe one day i'll try it.
idk im kinda scared 2 cuz if i hit the throat some1 can be seriously screwed.
I mean that's just one of those things u don't mess w. (unless u are choking some1)

stop be1ng a fucking pusy. hit or b hit. if u dont hit som1 in the thaort. u r not a f1ght3r.

Back