Boxing gloves for light sparring

If you are using them for sparing you want at least 16oz unless you are really really tiny then you might be able get away with 14oz. it's worth speaking to whoever runs your sparing as they might not let you spar if you have something lighter than 16's

I've not used any of the gloves on the page you showed, but I know ring to cage have a good reputation so I would be tempted to pay $10 more and get these if I was in you situation

http://www.boxingdepot.com/bx-gl-1104.html in 16oz

right,anything with 'aero' or 'fitness' in the title is often considered a 'girls glove' for cardio kickboxing or tae bo or something along those lines. Everlasts cheap gloves have an AWFUL reputation on here for quality. And vinyl doesn't normally last as long as leather.....

Spending the extra $10 would make sense as R2C have a good reputation here and one of our guys has posted numerous reviews regards their gear and he likes it. But if you chose these,go through R2C actual site as they have a 20% reduction on their gear and free handwraps

http://www.ringtocage.com/Gym-Training-Gloves-RCBG.htm

when you use code: " BOXDAY12"

I know the other site has free shipping but that's a pair of wraps that would normally cost you $6 (which covers the shipping ) and should save you about $10 or so...

I would have suggested KOFightgear but they are out of stock....

right,anything with 'aero' or 'fitness' in the title is often considered a 'girls glove' for cardio kickboxing or tae bo or something along those lines.

Always wondered what 'areo' gloves where. Knew it wasn't a total waste of time on these forums at least I have now learnt something

hmmm,just noticed you are in Canada,BIGCP where are you for shop advice please?

Your first pair of boxing gloves are going to be for sparring and not bag gloves?

Thanks for the breakdown Tone C. Didn't connect the aero to aerobics. I was leaning towards those but I'm glad I asked first. Yeah Ikd rather get leather over vinyl. I'm gonna check the site out that you linked. I wouldn't spending 10-20 more if it means much better quality and longer lasting.

And I'm from Waterloo, ON. However I go to the states often so I get a lot of stuff shipped there. Products/shipping in canada is generally more expensive.

And I already have 2 pairs of bag gloves. Even one open palmed extra padded grappling gloves. But I'm looking to get a pair of 16oz boxing gloves for sparring now.

No worries mate.Shipping the gloves and picking them up from the US of A would seem to be a good option.I reckon there will be a few other folks on here with other suggestions for that price range so hang fire until you get all suggestions in?

Last edited:
I will agree with Tone, KO fightgear gloves is one hell of a glove.

no 16's in stock atm according to the website though..:icon_cry2

Really?! I just got my first pair from them and I loved it. I gave it to my friend for Christmas since he needed a pair of gloves. So I just might order 2 pairs next time around.
The fit is great, even though I had larger than normal hands, especially with wraps on.
Wrist support is sub par, but still great.

The foam is what I thought it was. Its not thick at all. but still soft enough to spar.(light sparring is what I'm referring to). When I hit the bag I have a sense of how I punch and where my knuckles land. Inner lining is pretty good too, it doesn't feel cheap.

I was gonna say KO gloves also and Golden Gears Victory sparring gloves as well. I own both and love both.

But if you chose these,go through R2C actual site as they have a 20% reduction on their gear and free handwraps

http://www.ringtocage.com/Gym-Training-Gloves-RCBG.htm

when you use code: " BOXDAY12"

I tried entering the code boxday12 and got the 20% discount, but I saw about the free handwraps. The website advertises the discount but says nothing about the wraps. Where did you see that?

Really?! I just got my first pair from them and I loved it. I gave it to my friend for Christmas since he needed a pair of gloves. So I just might order 2 pairs next time around.

just curious..you gave your friend your old pair, or a new pair you bought for him?

just curious..you gave your friend your old pair, or a new pair you bought for him?

Brand new pair, and my only pair too. He liked it so much when he hit the bag and mitts so I just ended up giving it to him.

Back