Boxing glove care

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by bowlie, Jan 15, 2013.

1. bowlie

bowlie Purple Belt

How do you look after your gloves? I heard you are suposed to wipe them with antibacterial wipes. I dont know what these are exactly, like baby wipes? How do you dry them out? I currently have mine on a make shift glove tree made out of old coat hangers about 1/2 meter away from a radiator so they donr get too hot, will this work? Thanks

2. Phaiym

Phaiym Blue Belt

3. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

I wipe down as soon as i get home then stuff in the glove dogs. I leave the dogs in until the next day then spray the insides with odor-aid. No stink no grossness in my gloves.

4. gauzyhanz

gauzyhanz White Belt

1. I use fresh handwraps everytime I use my gloves.
    2. After class I wipe down the outer glove with a damp cloth (water only), then I dry them with a dry cloth.
    3. I open up my gloves and sit the open ends in front of a small fan (approx. 8") on full blast for about an hour and a half, or until they become completely dry.
    4. Then, I put glove dogs in them made of thin stockings and chunks of coal. This is a step I forget to do periodically.

I've also applied glove oil once to my gloves. I've never used any sort of odor-aid or antibacterial substance on my gloves. No odor problems yet. If I do decide to use anti odor or bacterial subtances on my gloves it would probably be no more than like once a month on the inside and like once every 3 months on the outer glove.