Boxing Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks,@wack3d . Got it!

Also, great odds, Plant-Medina to go distance @ 3.20 at Betfair. USA has it around 1.67

the lay means that you win the draw and no contest as well. win means exaclty what it applies, that your fighter must win

lay means that you are betting that the fighter does not win

So if I lay against a Draw at odds 36, it means I get odds 36 if the draw does not happen?

So if I lay against a Draw at odds 36, it means I get odds 36 if the draw does not happen?

on the lay you have to give the 36/1

the lay is what you are offering to the back

the difference between a lay and back price in boxing is about 10 percent more or less

If you lay that you pay out at those odds if the draw hits.

I suppose technically you could arb that if you could get much better odds for the draw elsewhere. Your liability would have to be several thousand to make it worthwhile though.

on the lay you have to give the 36/1

the lay is what you are offering to the back

the difference between a lay and back price in boxing is about 10 percent more or less

yeah so if you want to bet against a draw for groves/eubank you have to decide how much you want to win e.g £10 and that will cost you £340( draw is 34.0 to lay atm) if a draw happens

Im on Groves over Eubank at +160. (might be +145 most places now). More experience in top end fights, bigger, overcomes adversity very well. Great jab to go with it. I think hes going to take a decision.

@Roads55 What's the liquidity like in-play for mma at Betfair? How often do these hedging bets you do go unmatched?

If you lay that you pay out at those odds if the draw hits.

I suppose technically you could arb that if you could get much better odds for the draw elsewhere. Your liability would have to be several thousand to make it worthwhile though.

yeah arbing is risky then, because you will start to get limited and banned at a lot of bookmakers. much more likely that you could arb a ML price than the draw though. as books juice the shit out of long odds, but it's still a quick way to get banned. you can arb/trade in play more effectively due to the lack of liquidity in boxing/mma markets so books dont have an accurate price to go off from the exchange

@Roads55 What's the liquidity like in-play for mma at Betfair? How often do these hedging bets you do go unmatched?

depends on the event, the bigger ones will have more obviously, and often while the markets look fairly empty there are a lot of ppl watching for back/lay bets offered. it's improved a lot in the last year or 2. and as for the hedges It depends heavily on the odds you request, if you put a bid way too high its not gonna get matched, it's all about finding what a price you think is accurate and that ppl will take. I mostly hedge towards the end of a fight just in case the judges fuck up or if I am overexposed form LB, but generally they get matched most of the time.

EDIT: for instance i got 50/1 on moraes the other week to beat tim means after the fight had ended, whereas a book would probably of had it like 17/1 or something

Last edited:
EDIT: for instance i got 50/1 on moraes the other week to beat tim means after the fight had ended, whereas a book would probably of had it like 17/1 or something
Crazy price. Don't understand why anyone would take on that kind of liability presumably just to take a miniscule stake of somebody.

So essentially you're preying on the stupidity of other punters using the exchanges. I'm starting to see the appeal.

Crazy price. Don't understand why anyone would take on that kind of liability presumably just to take a miniscule stake of somebody.

So essentially you're preying on the stupidity of other punters using the exchanges. I'm starting to see the appeal.

yeah, but also just to get a more accurate price than the insane juice we often see at bookies, also for scalping. I still use bookies a lot too though.

Be careful not to get burned when betting just before the result is announced. I'd imagine there are people "courtsiding" (at the arena laying huge amounts at ridicilous odds instantly after the winner is announced) mma events too.

Be careful not to get burned when betting just before the result is announced. I'd imagine there are people "courtsiding" (at the arena laying huge amounts at ridicilous odds instantly after the winner is announced) mma events too.

yeah usually they wait until the decision is being announced until they suspend the market, but occasionally they will close it after the fight, so once or twice I have been overexposed when trading in that interval before the decision. court-siding doesn't seem to happen in mma much, at least not yet anyway, due to the relatively small amount of liquidity compared to other sports. but for things like tennis/horse racing among other sports it happens all the time.]

and also you can get burnt if you are watching on a stream due to the time delay, even the tv pics are like 10 secs behind

Any leans on Langford/Arnfield, Walsh/Love and Eubanks/Groves? Want to tail for some action

is either guy likely to have any bias if this hits the cards?

1.6u Langford ml -163 and 0.6u dec +105 after the first round

1u Langford dec @ 1.90, don't really see it finish itd and I have some on Arnfield prefight. Might be 3-0 for Langford

Close third round, Arnfield came on strong in the last minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back