Boxing at CSUN

prowrestler

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
DIDju kno there is boxing at California State University Northridge?

I tried it last Wednesday. It was fun and informative!

Most Universities have a Boxing Club.

take it easy champ. i've recently graduated from csun, and was not aware of their boxing club, so that's cool.

to be honest i try to stay away from university combat sports clubs that dont actually have a team as i've heard a million "mcdojo" comments.

if you want a good boxing gym out in the west valley, give outlaw boxing in tarzana or la boxing a shot.

i got to la boxing off of ventura in tarzana and it's great. everyone there is very experienced, although i'd stay away from the busy night classes, as the instructors go over the cardio aspects moreso than technique. it's the smaller classes that the instructors/trainers bring out the focus mitts and what not, and there's private instruction available.

oh yeah there's also mma classes there as well, and everyone is pretty well qualified to be there. it's no csw but hey, i love it there.

no, YOU take it easy.

jk. i'd have jumped at the chance of boxing in school. I grew up in the pussified age i tells you. I looked through real old highschool yearbooks that my teacher had and they had a boxing club AND a gun club.

shit, they were probablly racking out tons of awesome gunslinging fist-fighters and all i had the option of was playing the f'ing trumpet!

NOW look what we have..a buncha emos, homos and guidos...

a gun club? you shithead. our generation should be so lucky... sigh.

i think the most extreme i've ever heard universities get in socal was a skydiving clubup in ucsb. although i've heard of muay thai and judo at ucla.

I went to CSUN and I had no idea there was a boxing club. But then, I went there before I got into kickboxing, so I probably never thought to look for anything like that.

what the boxing club like?

The boxing club is doing pretty well, I heard they went up against San Jose and won all their matches. The Gym at CSUN also has a boxing program (which is the one im talking about) and they got trainers who are students training u. I guess the Boxing club and the Boxing program are two different things. The trainers in the boxing program are in the boxing club.

take it easy champ. i've recently graduated from csun, and was not aware of their boxing club, so that's cool.

to be honest i try to stay away from university combat sports clubs that dont actually have a team as i've heard a million "mcdojo" comments.

if you want a good boxing gym out in the west valley, give outlaw boxing in tarzana or la boxing a shot.

i got to la boxing off of ventura in tarzana and it's great. everyone there is very experienced, although i'd stay away from the busy night classes, as the instructors go over the cardio aspects moreso than technique. it's the smaller classes that the instructors/trainers bring out the focus mitts and what not, and there's private instruction available.

oh yeah there's also mma classes there as well, and everyone is pretty well qualified to be there. it's no csw but hey, i love it there.

I've head or Outlawz I live on Ventura and go to Tarzana Boxing.

Back