Boxers under Top Rank/Golden Boy/Mayweather etc...

SaiWa

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What do fighters get in terms of benefits (besides exposure and access to bigger better fights/titles) once they sign up under one of the big promoters such as Top Rank, Golden Boy Promotions and/or Mayweather Promotions?

What sort of perks do they get? Is one company better than the other in terms of treating and paying their fighters better? Are there other big boxing promoters besides those 2 (3 if you include Mayweather's)? I know Mike Tyson has one and Don King Promotion is still around (just inept and disfunctional)...

Just curious and wondering...

What do fighters get in terms of benefits (besides exposure and access to bigger better fights/titles) once they sign up under one of the big promoters such as Top Rank, Golden Boy Promotions and/or Mayweather Promotions?

What sort of perks do they get? Is one company better than the other in terms of treating and paying their fighters better? Are there other big boxing promoters besides those 2 (3 if you include Mayweather's)? I know Mike Tyson has one and Don King Promotion is still around (just inept and disfunctional)...

Just curious and wondering...

Well, the obvious thing is that its easier to get higher profile fights with an established promoter.

Don King was not inept BTW. He's one of the greatest promoters in the history of the sport, if not THE greatest. He just didn't do right by his fighters much of the time.

Well, the obvious thing is that its easier to get higher profile fights with an established promoter.

Don King was not inept BTW. He's one of the greatest promoters in the history of the sport, if not THE greatest. He just didn't do right by his fighters much of the time.

yep. + his cards were stacked as shit.

do boxers get free things like access to better gyms, doctors, etc.. at reduced/no cost?

And yeah, Don King used to be King. I don't doubt that he was the MAN when it came to promotions. But his company is in disarray now and he has fighters that aren't promoted properly at all.

King's Fighter is now The Heavywieght Champion of The World and King is gonna make sure his next fight is on HBO or Showtime, hell maybe even PPV. Watch.

do boxers get free things like access to better gyms, doctors, etc.. at reduced/no cost?

And yeah, Don King used to be King. I don't doubt that he was the MAN when it came to promotions. But his company is in disarray now and he has fighters that aren't promoted properly at all.

There's no insurance for fighters in the sport as far as medical. Thats up to the fighters.

I know that you can't just walk into Mayweather's gym and start working out.

Mayweathers promotion doesn't promote nada.

Well, they do. I know you 've latched on to this LLC thing for some reason, but the bottom line is that they have fighters under contract and they fight on TV under Mayweather promotions.

Produced by GoldenBoy Promotions.

Same shit Cotto and Mp promotions when they do shows, produced by TR

Nether 3 have a legit promoters license.

As of now only Tr and GB are legit

Produced by GoldenBoy Promotions.

Same shit Cotto and Mp promotions when they do shows, produced by TR

Nether 3 have a legit promoters license.

As of now only Tr and GB are legit

Like I said, they fight on TV under Mayweather promotions, Mayweather gets money for it and his fighters get TV exposure.

= promotion.

Lol whatever, I'm thinking of the real term and promotor, not a side partner who pays a real company to handle the real business.

Now with GB out the window maybe they can "actually" be a legit promotion company unlike the pony show as of now.

Lol whatever, I'm thinking of the real term and promotor, not a side partner who pays a real company to handle the real business.

Now with GB out the window maybe they can "actually" be a legit promotion company unlike the pony show as of now.

Is GBP really in that much of trouble?

I know Schaeffer was the real brains behind the operation and he's taking a few higher up folks from GBP with him but is it that bad?

I know Schaeffer was the real brains behind the operation and he's taking a few higher up folks from GBP with him but is it that bad?

I'm sure Oscar can find someone with the business know how that Schaeffer has, butI doubt Oscar can run the company himself.

They'll hurt a little because Robert has done a great job until recently when he let some fighters go to Haymon without GB contracts.

They'll be fine though, they're already established and have all the connections and know how to run a legit boxing business.

Like Oscar said, "I found Robert, I can find another one."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back