• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boxers Running With BOOTS on what is the purpose?

Pac has a lot of speed, that's true. But the way Marquez always slows him down is with body-punching. And if Ricky's improved head-movement in a relatively short camp with Floyd Sr. befuddled the jab of Malignaggi, I don't think the left of Pac will be a huge problem. His right-hand improvement, though, might be. I'd bank on Roach investing more in the Southpaw right-hook than the straight left.

But Floyd's a good strategist himself with regard to approaching a Fight, and hand-speed is something he's well-accustomed to showing the in's and out's of. In the end I think it'll be very competitive.

i really wish paulie put on a better performance so that we could've seen more of hatton.
Floyd is IMO a fantastic trainer and maybe an even better strategist.
im 100% with you on the body punching.
somebody told me about morales and his right to pac's body...some guy around here.

the reason i like pacs left in this fight is because ricky tends to throw the lead right and i think pac can beat him to the punch there.

i think why i know you say Pacs left hand....guessing its because hatton's so active with it?

I think you lost the ability to tell left from right there. lol

The reason I look for Roach to focus on Pac's right hand is because he has the ability now to throw any punch with it, and he knows Ricky's going to be looking to that left hook to the body. Best counter for that is a short right uppercut.

And yeah, Morales had a straight right to the body like a javelin, used it very well in the first Fight with Pac.

I actually have hatton winning this fight, i watched him against pauli and he has some fast feet and had some head movement...pacman has fought mostly guys whose head is their to hit he never faced a guy with fast feet and head movement.

The reason I look for Roach to focus on Pac's right hand is because he has the ability now to throw any punch with it, and he knows Ricky's going to be looking to that left hook to the body. Best counter for that is a short right uppercut.

And yeah, Morales had a straight right to the body like a javelin, used it very well in the first Fight with Pac.

im amidexterous (sp?):redface: yea...thats what it is.

i see where you're going with that...i mean if ole 5 has your tendancies down, you're in trouble.

sinister check your pm man! should i get the aloe vera juice or the aloe vera capsules?

i agree with this that manila ice is gonna be the key to pacmans success. but i feel hatton is gonna bum rush him similar to kostya and tie manny up and wear him down. pacman has never delt with that in his life and i know hatton is strong as an ox when he grapples with you.

pacman is a pretty weak guy he has punching power but his clinching sucks i never even seen him clinch before and last time he clinched he was getting tossed around like a rag doll (the fight was when he got dropped by a short jab at 122 against skinny hussein and pacman tried to hold on for dear life but was getting tossed around)

I can't pick Hatton to win this. Mannys hands are too fast with power to go with it. Hattons bull rushes won't help him here, MAnny will just get out of the way and counter. I also think Mannys hand speed will make it difficualt for Hatton to get off in the first place.

Manny by TKO mid fight.

I can't pick Hatton to win this. Mannys hands are too fast with power to go with it. Hattons bull rushes won't help him here, MAnny will just get out of the way and counter. I also think Mannys hand speed will make it difficualt for Hatton to get off in the first place.

Manny by TKO mid fight.

watch this highlight

pacmans hands are fast, but notice how oscar had no head movement?

YouTube - The Destruction of Oscar de la Hoya

i think hatton poses some prob for pac, esp if he is gonna move his hands and diversify the range of punches like he did against magiglianni.

i think hattons mauling and clutching style could slow down pac, the prob b4 would have been that pacs leads/counters would have been catching hatton all the way in and out of the clinch.

NOW ricky isn't just an immobile target, meaning he can slip and parry shots on his way in; more importantly he can jab in and counter those shots; meaning pac won't have free reign to potshot or open up offensively cus hatton won't be there to be hit and because hatton is willing to and able to counter.

an once they get inside pac is gonna have problems w/ricky strength size and grappling; an w/ mayweather training hatton, he will now have to account for ricky being busier on the inside.

i think pac's power exp and handspeed pose alot of problems; but mayweather should be able to account for that. But noone has seen what hatton can really do, so its gonna be hard for roach to really get a bed on what their are gonna be faced w/.

pac should win; but hatton is more than capable of winning

i think hatton poses some prob for pac, esp if he is gonna move his hands and diversify the range of punches like he did against magiglianni.

i think hattons mauling and clutching style could slow down pac, the prob b4 would have been that pacs leads/counters would have been catching hatton all the way in and out of the clinch.

NOW ricky isn't just an immobile target, meaning he can slip and parry shots on his way in; more importantly he can jab in and counter those shots; meaning pac won't have free reign to potshot or open up offensively cus hatton won't be there to be hit and because hatton is willing to and able to counter.

an once they get inside pac is gonna have problems w/ricky strength size and grappling; an w/ mayweather training hatton, he will now have to account for ricky being busier on the inside.

i think pac's power exp and handspeed pose alot of problems; but mayweather should be able to account for that. But noone has seen what hatton can really do, so its gonna be hard for roach to really get a bed on what their are gonna be faced w/.

pac should win; but hatton is more than capable of winning

great assesment I believe as well that hattons strength is too much, inside hatton would toss pacman around easy look how he man handled paulie when paulie tried to clinch up.

pacman is suprisingly weak when it comes to lifting strength many boxers are, but hatton has plenty of that grappling strength which will be a real problem for pacman when he faces off against hatton.

I tried the running with boots thing for a while, personally I didn't like it. Since they're not really designed for running, my feet would always be killing me after the first mile or so, if not before, and I found myself cutting my runs shorter or stopping because of it. I find that running in high-quality running shoes to be a million times better, mainly because I can go longer, and its just better for your feet in the long run.

seano!!! we agree!!!! holy shit!

now! im scared:icon_lol:

Hatton may have looked ok against feather fisted Malignaggi, but he looked pretty poor against Lazcano, got dropped no matter how the ref called it.

Hatton seems like he can't take punishment and punishment is what he'lll get when he fights manny.

Also, I don't really see Hatton having a "punchers chance" either seeing as HAtton has never really displayed one punch KO power and Mannys chin seems pretty good.

Billy Graham stated that Hatton was ill during the camp against Lazcano. Ricky said he knew no one would believe him until he fought Malignaggi, it makes sense looking back.

And I can see favoring Pacquiao, sort of, he looked good against an old weight drained Oscar if we're down-grading opponents here. But saying Hatton has no chance is just lunacy.

Hatton may have looked ok against feather fisted Malignaggi, but he looked pretty poor against Lazcano, got dropped no matter how the ref called it.

Hatton seems like he can't take punishment and punishment is what he'lll get when he fights manny.

Also, I don't really see Hatton having a "punchers chance" either seeing as HAtton has never really displayed one punch KO power and Mannys chin seems pretty good.

Never? See Hatton vs Castillo

Pretty sure Hagler also ran with boots on. Hard to criticize the Marvellous one

I can remember many a 5 mile run with boots on in the sand.

in terms of boxing, i think pac hatton needs to take place in england

i mite be biased becasue i am from the UK (Scotland) but i think it will be a bigger event if it is over here

hatton support will come out in full and no doubt it will be a sell out of record breaking figures

it also really introduces pac to a new audience and spreads his fame across the pond

This is not good. Chin splints and fucked up knees anyone?

Back