• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BOVADA CHECKS BE BOUNCIN'

It is.

Just found out that it's new policy by certain banks. Bovada is on the "do not take checks from" list from my bank, so it didnt actually bounce, it's just being returned to me.

Ive depositedbthere checks in years past, habent in a year or so. Must have changed semi recently

What bank do you use, out of curiosity?

Use bitcoin doofus

Legitimately no reason not to unless you like waiting a month for them to mail you a check

It is.

Just found out that it's new policy by certain banks. Bovada is on the "do not take checks from" list from my bank, so it didnt actually bounce, it's just being returned to me.

Ive depositedbthere checks in years past, habent in a year or so. Must have changed semi recently

Seems like the slanderous title of this thread should be changed. The difference between "bounced" and a bank making a decision to not accept the check is huge. Never really wanted to get involved with Bitcoin, but am starting to check it out thoroughly, as it seems to be the best all around way to deal with online betting.

Never really wanted to get involved with Bitcoin, but am starting to check it out thoroughly, as it seems to be the best all around way to deal with online betting.

Kind of hard not to get involved with it at this point. A lot of books are moving towards bitcoin.

Its also about to explode again... but probably not until after getting smashed in half.

Makes me sick to my stomach, thinking about what I could have been on board with if I was an early bitcoin adopter... People made some real money there.

I have heard coinbase even tracks movement of your bitcoin through a few addresses, so sending it somewhere first, like a wallet, doesn't always negate the risk. Could help or delay getting caught, but still possible they may ban u. Even if someone sent you bitcoin who recently themselves used a gambling site, and you had nothing to do with those transaction you could get banned. Seems a little overkill but I have ready stories.

I have done a few transfers straight from Coinbase to Brovada and 5Dimes, and got away with it, but figure if I keep it up they will probably eventually catch me.

Just a heads up for any bovada users, my tree fiddy check from a few weeks ago just bounced after initial approval, so if you recently deposited any checks in your bank, make sure you've got a little buffer to cover whatever you deposited.

They must be low on funds from the super bowl or something. I've never had one bounce before, especially after actually showing up in my account and getting spent.

Sad face.

Update: The first customer service lady hung up on me when I started ranting (no profanity), but the second was helpful. I have to send paperwork proving the overdraw, and they'll reissue a new check (yay) in the standard timeframe of 10-15 biz days (booo)

Cliffs:

Fuck bovada, and fuck Calvin Ayre. May he choke on his caviar and fall off his yacht.
Back in 2013 5Dimes sent a $3,000 cheque to my moms house. It took over 3 months for me to pick it up and deposit it. When I did, it bounced.

I contacted 5dimes, and they immediately sent a new cheque.

Now that's customer service.

Back