• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bostonians or others

Mr. Shickadance

Ventura
@red
Reaction score
Hey I’m going to be in Boston for 5 days and was wondering what I should do there? I have a few things I’m doing, gonna check out Salem one day, go to a hockey game, the first Dunkin’ Donuts. Any other stuff my lady and I should check out?

Yeah Bruins games are fun. Boston is really walkable so I would just walk around a lot in Boston Common, Back Bay, North End etc. Walking/running along the Charles is also nice. It's a shame there's no baseball right now, Fenway is fun to visit. You can also cross the river to Cambridge for a day and visit MIT and the Harvard area.

There are lots of good places for food. We liked to go to the North End and The Daily Catch for seafood and Reginas for pizza but everyone has their favorite places. Some people make a big deal about lobster, oysters etc. If I recall correctly, there's a popular place in the North End called Neptune Oyster. There's a dessert place called Mike's that was pretty famous for cannoli. If you're in the North End you'll see people carrying around pastry boxes from there.

There are also the usual tourist things like the Fine Arts Museum and the Aquarium. I lived in Cambridge for a while so I can give you specific suggestions if you spend time over there.

Hey I’m going to be in Boston for 5 days and was wondering what I should do there? I have a few things I’m doing, gonna check out Salem one day, go to a hockey game, the first Dunkin’ Donuts. Any other stuff my lady and I should check out?
Wear a Yankees jersey and get into fights

Killer places for seafood, and cool as hell historic sites. Have fun !​

Yeah Bruins games are fun. Boston is really walkable so I would just walk around a lot in Boston Common, Back Bay, North End etc. Walking/running along the Charles is also nice. It's a shame there's no baseball right now, Fenway is fun to visit. You can also cross the river to Cambridge for a day and visit MIT and the Harvard area.

There are lots of good places for food. We liked to go to the North End and The Daily Catch for seafood and Reginas for pizza but everyone has their favorite places. Some people make a big deal about lobster, oysters etc. If I recall correctly, there's a popular place in the North End called Neptune Oyster. There's a dessert place called Mike's that was pretty famous for cannoli. If you're in the North End you'll see people carrying around pastry boxes from there.

There are also the usual tourist things like the Fine Arts Museum and the Aquarium. I lived in Cambridge for a while so I can give you specific suggestions if you spend time over there.
I’ve heard a lot about Neptune oyster and I love both lobster and oysters

I went there for like 2 days, went on a mini pub crawl by myself including Cheers. Seemed like a cool city, also did a tour of Fenway Park which was nice as well

I’ve heard a lot about Neptune oyster and I love both lobster and oysters

Well then you'll have fun in Boston. There's also a place called Union Oyster House which is supposedly the oldest restaurant in Boston. I still have no idea whether that's true but they definitely make sure to tell you when you're there.

Well then you'll have fun in Boston. There's also a place called Union Oyster House which is supposedly the oldest restaurant in Boston. I still have no idea whether that's true but they definitely make sure to tell you when you're there.
Haha awesome thank you

Any suggestions?
Food - it's called Beantown, real seafood chowders, great eats are all over.

The Big Dig's Tunnels and roadways was the largest project in North America, the Harbor bridge is a work of art. The schooners? and centuries old sailing ships around the Boston Harbor (where we stimeyed boatloads of the Brit's tea) is a sweet site, and those ships are humongous.

PS - Thumbs up for Hendo shuttin' up & knockin' out Countess Bisping !

Last edited:

+1 on The North End. Went last Spring and it was legit. Many good old school Italian bar/restaurants. Lucia had great Italian food. As far as short pastries, locals told us Bova's where non-tourists went. So didn't bother waiting an hr to get Mike's.

Union Oyster House is overrated, IMHO. Sure, the history is cool, and ambience is great. But what you end up getting is slightly above food, very small serving sizes, and a high price tag.

We had a much better experience at Boston Sail Loft. Great scenery, service was top notch, and food was great.

Went last Spring. Just my takeaways:

Fenway was the probably the highlight of the trip. Easily the most fun I've had at an MLB game, and the Sox got wrecked. Fun crowd. Can only imagine Bruins game has a similar vibe.

Lots of great pubs. You really can't go wrong. Some of the ones in the Beacon Hill area seem a bit gimmicky, like they mostly rely on reputation(like paying $10 for a Sam Adams because JFK used to hang out there). But still cool. Do yourself a favor, and invest in a pub crawl with a good tour guide.

Cheers is worth going to. Fun crowd just looking for a good time.

If you go to Quincy Market, get the lobster pie. I found the clam chowder to be like every other clam chowder I've ever had.

Sign up for a tour if you're going to Salem. Also, if you're into history, do a Freedom Trail tour.

Isabella Stewart Gardner was cool, if you want an alternate to the Museum of Fine Arts.

Just riding around on the subway/train was kind of fun.

North End has great Italian food and general vibe. Worth spending a night up there.

Last edited:
+1 on The North End. Went last Spring and it was legit. Many good old school Italian bar/restaurants. Lucia had great Italian food. As far as short pastries, locals told us Bova's where non-tourists went. So didn't bother waiting an hr to get Mike's.

Union Oyster House is overrated, IMHO. Sure, the history is cool, and ambience is great. But what you end up getting is slightly above food, very small serving sizes, and a high price tag.

We had a much better experience at Boston Sail Loft. Great scenery, service was top notch, and food was great.

Yeah I'm definitely not an expert on pastry places, we rarely went to them. We just knew of what was popular. Bova kind of rings a bell but I would take your word for it.

I agree on Oyster Union House. I just mentioned it because of the history. Walking around North End is a much better idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back