Boston Marathon Bomber was beat up by John Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

wowspare

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/1/16/7...n-marathon-bomber-broke-his-nose-training-mma

"He was actually a real good athlete, a real good boxer. He wanted to spar. The sparring happened -- it was back and forth -- but one day, he got a little touchy, a little cocky. When he did that, the sparring got live. And when it got live, we went at it to try to take each other's head off. But, I got the best in the end of him and I hit him with a shot to the nose. As he covered up, I hit him to the body that dropped him. A technical knockout if you want to call it. He got humbled that day, definitely."
Before he became known as suspect number one in the tragic bombing of the Boston Marathon, the late Tamerlan Tsarnaev was an up-and-coming boxer in "Beantown." One of his training facilities was the Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts Center on Brighton street in Boston, Mass., home to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight John Howard, among others. That's where Tsarnaev got tooled by "Doomsday" (via Boston.com) when their sparring session went live, which ended in a broken nose (and a big slice of humble pie). Howard returns to the Octagon this Sunday night (Jan. 18, 2015), where he meets Lorenz Larkin at UFC Fight Night 59 on FOX Sports 1 (more on that fight here).

Chechen fighters fighting at WW be gunning for Howard now

Kid must have been quite good to go back and forth with a name from the pages of Sherdog.

Glad someone beat up that piece of shit.

This story is kind of satisfying the way it is nice to watch Joe Son get his balls smashed.

John Howard is Keith Hackney 2.0.

Lol. I guess now you can feel good about yourself, huh.

Lol. I guess now you can feel good about yourself, huh.

haha I was thinking the same thing, have any of his coaches confirmed this story because Howard is the only one I've heard mention it. I doubt many coaches would let two fighters spar at 100% to the point that they are "trying to take their heads off" as Howard described it. If it did happen good for him I guess.

It would have been nice if John had paralyzed him, instead of just dropping him. There's no he could know he was turning into an islamic lunatic

haha I was thinking the same thing, have any of his coaches confirmed this story because Howard is the only one I've heard mention it. I doubt many coaches would let two fighters spar at 100% to the point that they are "trying to take their heads off" as Howard described it. If it did happen good for him I guess.

I do know the older Boston bomber was a serious boxer, so it's definitely possible. Plus, Howard doesn't seem like a guy who'd lie about that.

Giving MMA a good name, trying to take eachother's head of because of getting touchy and cocky.

It sounds like the bomber was a pretty tough kid the way howard tells the story. Giving the kid props in a way.
I don't think "he got humbled that day" either .

Already knew this.

But still good story if u hadn't heard it.

Rooting for Larkin. Hes been such a disappointment though. I thought after he beat Lawler he'd be gunnin for the top ten. Lawler must have had a real off night or something.

Guys knock each other out all the time during sparring, its not uncommon.

It happens a lot. Barnett and Hector Lombard went at it as have many other fighters.

Coaches aren't around all the time.
😏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back