Boston Brazilian

BLACKHAWK3634

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone has ever trained at Boston Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and can give me some input on the place in comparison to others. Thanx

I'm not sure about boston bjj, but my 1st BJJ teacher jean kleber teaches in boston, he is a nova uniao black belt, and an amazing and very acomplished athlete. he is definetly, beyond a shadow of a doubt the best teacher I have ever had (and I had a few). and I definetly advise you to go there and train with him.

Do you know at which school he trains at? I googled the name but didnt get any helpful results.

Never trained at Boston Brazilian JJ but the school is run by Gracie Barra black belt Roberto Maia. You can't go wrong with a GB black belt. Also, this is the same school that produced the Florian brothers (Kenny and Keith). I'm sure you get top notch instruction here.

BLACKHAWK3634 said:
Do you know at which school he trains at? I googled the name but didnt get any helpful results.

Jean Kleber is my instructor. Kimurense pretty much said everything. He is an excellent teacher. He teaches at the Brazilian Martial Arts Center in Somerville, and he has a school in Newton too.

Here's the contacts you need:

Brazilian Martial Arts Center
700 Mystic Ave., 2nd Floor
Somerville, MA
617-628-3800
owner: Marcelo Siqueira

Kimura Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (located in Giroux Bros. Martial Arts)
161 North St.
Newton, MA 02460
617-558-7766

Good luck!

When I'm back in Boston from school I've stopped by Boston BJJ to train for a practice or two. I've only been to the no gi classes, which were taught when I was there by either Keith or Kenny Florian. They taught well, ran tight, hard practices, and had skilled students.

Covaliu said:
When I'm back in Boston from school I've stopped by Boston BJJ to train for a practice or two. I've only been to the no gi classes, which were taught when I was there by either Keith or Kenny Florian. They taught well, ran tight, hard practices, and had skilled students.

What were your prices for training? I checked the website but it doesnt provide any info as it is set up for members only. I checked out the boneyard in taunton last wednesday and am just trying to see which school is best for me.

go with Jean Kleber, you won't be disapointed, I've trained with perhaps 10 diferent instructors, and this guy is the best.. IMO

Just an update. Kimura BJJ no longer train at Brazilian Martial Arts Center in Somerville. We've moved to a facility in Medford temporarily.

I've trained at Boston BJJ, would still train there if I had transportation. The place is awesome. A good number of senior belts. I've never been to a class with no less than 3 brown belts and no less than 5 purple belts.

I currently train there and would have to say it's a great experience. I've been going since July and the instruction has been top notch. Just give them a call or drop by during one of the times for trial classes to try it out.

BLACKHAWK3634 said:
Wow, I created this thread in 05' whats with the sudden revival?

I updated it last night. My school no longer trains in Somerville, and I guess I felt like I needed to update it. Of course, I had been drinking a bit. :redface:

I've been training at BBJJ (Gracie Barra Boston) for over two years and it's great. Roberto is a black belt under carlos gracie jr. and is the best IMO. We have top quality instructors, and great seminars. More then enough space, and parking. The rates are reasonable, and Roberto is the highest ranking Prof in New England. Since i've been there, renzo, Danial Gracie, Carlos Gracie Jr. Krya, just to mention a few have all done seminars.

Goo on line and check it out.

Even though this thread is old, it has seemed to resurface so I guess I'll post.

I've been going to Boston BJJ for about 2.5 years. It is a great place to train, with great people. I have nothing but good things to say about the place.

An FYI for everyone: Kimura has a new home! We've finally achieved our own space in Watertown. The new school is great and much more spacious than our prior location in Newton. We are all very excited about this!

Kimura BJJ
15 North Beacon St.
Watertown, MA 02472
Tel: (617) 599-3435 | E-mail: [email protected]

Farnsworth.... i read the forums here every now and then.. I train at Kimura too.. send me a PM so I know who you are man...

C U in class..

An FYI for everyone: Kimura has a new home! We've finally achieved our own space in Watertown. The new school is great and much more spacious than our prior location in Newton. We are all very excited about this!

Kimura BJJ
15 North Beacon St.
Watertown, MA 02472
Tel: (617) 599-3435 | E-mail: [email protected]

this is great news! say hi to Jean for me when you see him (please :) )

Back