Bookies see Jones-Gus II ending early; betting line shifts after Tbol test

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
As expected, Jones is quite the betting favorite, sporting a moneyline of around -255. Gustafsson is sitting in the underdog spot at about the +235 mark.

Jones opened up as a -278 favorite and dropped as low as -320 at one point. But after testing positive for Turinabol and causing the entire UFC 232 card to be moved to California, the betting line closed up a bit. Gustafsson opened up as a +200 underdog, and even reached as high as +260. The recent activity on the side of Gustafsson has dropped his value down to where it now resides.

Let’s take a look at the betting odds from their epic first encounter from UFC back in 2013. Jones was massively favored with a line of -875, with Gustafsson clocking in as a huge underdog at +600. Jones won the war of attrition by unanimous decision.

The over/under for the main event rematch has been set at 4.5 rounds. Both carry a favored line, with the ‘over’ being more favored at -115 and the ‘under’ tagging up at -105. The oddsmakers see this rematch ending early. ‘Fight doesn’t go to decision’ is favored at -120, with ‘Fight goes to decision’ hanging out at an underdog line of +100.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12...avored-to-end-early-mma-gambling-cyborg-nunes
--------------------------------------
images

As expected, Jones is quite the betting favorite, sporting a moneyline of around -255. Gustafsson is sitting in the underdog spot at about the +235 mark.

Jones opened up as a -278 favorite and dropped as low as -320 at one point. But after testing positive for Turinabol and causing the entire UFC 232 card to be moved to California, the betting line closed up a bit. Gustafsson opened up as a +200 underdog, and even reached as high as +260. The recent activity on the side of Gustafsson has dropped his value down to where it now resides.

Let’s take a look at the betting odds from their epic first encounter from UFC back in 2013. Jones was massively favored with a line of -875, with Gustafsson clocking in as a huge underdog at +600. Jones won the war of attrition by unanimous decision.

The over/under for the main event rematch has been set at 4.5 rounds. Both carry a favored line, with the ‘over’ being more favored at -115 and the ‘under’ tagging up at -105. The oddsmakers see this rematch ending early. ‘Fight doesn’t go to decision’ is favored at -120, with ‘Fight goes to decision’ hanging out at an underdog line of +100.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12...avored-to-end-early-mma-gambling-cyborg-nunes
images
Bookies had Ortega beating Holloway and Till beating Woodley.
Bookies go by hype. I bet against them and make money. Aka Rose vs Joanna 2 when Rose was an under dog to the bookies after Rose starched JJ in the first fight.

Last edited:
Hope Gus trashes him. Jones is a walking synthetic and the UFC is pandering for him.

Bookies go by hype. I bet against them and make maney. Aka Rose vs Joanna 2 when Rose was an under dog to the bookies after Rose starched JJ in the first fight.
Bookies calculate odds based on how many people bet each line not on hype. Hype may sway an opening odds value but that quickly shifts to where it should be based on the betting public.

images

Respect the effort brother, but this Bookies see Jones-Gus II ending early is false.

If the line is 4.5 rounds, and it's -120 under/+100 over, that means the odds are basically 50/50 to go the distance. And considering the odds for betting aren't an exact representation of the book's true odds, I would say they have it at about 50/50.

Bookies go by hype. I bet against them and make maney. Aka Rose vs Joanna 2 when Rose was an under dog to the bookies after Rose starched JJ in the first fight.
u posted this before. u do understand betting? its based mostly on how PEOPLE are betting

u posted this before. u do understand betting? its based mostly on how PEOPLE are betting
Yes I also understand Bookies are not right most of the time as they will make Conor McGregor the favorite in any fight hes in just about. Thats a perfect example of how they just follow the fans the bookies arent the issue here is my point.

PEOPLE dont understand that is what bookies are Im not disagreeing with you.

I just don't think Jones has the power to finish Gus. Not with his hands. Maybe if he lands the perfect headkick. But that was a specific vulnerability DC had.

Dana is going to poison Gus. -1000 for Jones.

Actually the bookies opened it to go to decision -185 and +145 to not go to a decision...it's the betting that made the line move so your thread title is totally false.Also Jones initially opened at -184 and Gus at +156 as far as the first odds to come out.Don't post false shit please.Can't anyone write a fucking article that's actually accurate anymore without twisting it all around to meet some bullshit story?So stupid.We have people writing articles about ANYTHING and whats worse is people sharing them.

EVERYONE in MMA loses at some point. There is enough in the tea leaves to suggest that this could be the time for Jones to lose.

Save teh Matt Hamill shit.

Yes I also understand Bookies are not right most of the time as they will make Conor McGregor the favorite in any fight hes in just about. Thats a perfect example of how they just follow the fans the bookies arent the issue here is my point.

PEOPLE dont understand that is what bookies are Im not disagreeing with you.
They didn't vs Khabib. Lol and I'm a conor fan. I just knew conor wasn't gonna win other than some fluke shit. Bet on the wrestler who wrestled a Bear.

Dana is going to poison Gus. -1000 for Jones.
lol I could see the Red Goof pulling a Marcus Aurelius Commodus on Gus and drugging or stabbing him backstage beforehand to ensure Jones won, sad thing is I'm half serious.

9HGX.gif

I think it's more likely we're in for another decision. Jones is always defense first and Gus has only gotten stopped by big power like Rumble, which Jones doesn't possess. Most likely way we see a finish would be Jones GNP elbows should he get on top IMO.

Back