Bonjasky: “Badr Hari Has Never Been Champion”

Half of his brain fights technically, half of his brain fights instinctively. That"s why Schilt took the rematch. Now I don"t know about PEDs, but overall he is a bit or more of a beast in the ring. :) He has a style, in my opinion he is still a bit of a brawler. And all of his fights become with huge pressure on his opponents, I mean you can feel the future assault even if they only box.

These are fireworks, but for fireworks you need 2 guys similar with Badr Hari. Rico Verhoeven is still too boring.

Sadly nobody in the last years didn"t match him with guys like Ghita, Ben Saddik, Zimmerman and even Catinas (or with prime Londt, even with Adegbuyi, but this type of matchmaking TO CONTINUE). Fights between big punchers. Honestly I would have loved to see even a match against Morosanu, it was close to happen in GFC. I don"t care Morosanu would have been embarrassed or not, in these type of bouts sometimes also happen upsets. And by KO. These type of fights bring ratings!

All I can say is that the former Glory matchmaking was stupid. Because in the HW division there still were guys with quality, some with big name, and with KO power.

Glory like I said is a promotion, not an organization like K-1 that re-united the best fighters. The K-1 system was the best, all the best HWs met in the seasonal finals! 1st season of Glory was good, with Tokyo Grand Slam.
I think you're missing the point. What I meant is that Badr probably should be locked up in a mental institution. If he's having a bad day, he's a danger to society.

Regarding your comments on his matchmaking, he's had a lot of issues in the last years (going to jail, court houses, moving to other countries to not be locked up and injuries) so I don't think it's fair to blame it on Glory, he simply wasn't available all the time and a liability.

In his autobiography, Thom Harrinck said that the problem with Badr was that he couldn't take pain. If he got hit with something big he would freak out and act unsportsmanlike, in contrast to Peter Aerts who he felt often needed to be hit to wake him up.

I think it's a fair assessment to a degree, but Badr's self sabotage probably runs deeper than just that
He clearly has some underlying psychological disorder that’s never been properly addressed.

Now I don"t know about PEDs,
All natty bro
images

Screen_Shot_2016-10-20_at_11.19.49_AM.0.png

lol

Back