Bones cockyness Saturday will prove his greatness!

NFLDer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't like Jones much but I respect his skill and him as a fighter however during the Countdown show it seemed kinda funny how cocky he was and calling Gus "son" and basically laughed how he trained with Davis after his loss. Im saying right now that Jones is choking out Gus with an anaconda choke the way Davis did too show both they have nothing for him.

That would be pretty cheeky on his part and impressive

He called him son in the countdown.

Called him a good kid in an Ariel Helwani interview.

Gustaffson is 6 months older.

Is he coming into this cocky? to me he's just honestly assessing his opponent. If Jones rips off his own toe again, maybe on purpose this time, it will just be to prove a point that he has the rest of the round to finish the fight or he's going to lose via injury. Now that would be cocky.

Got a feeling he is at least going for it. Basically choked Machida with a standing version.

I think he wants to show Alex that the so called striking advantage he has over Jones is non existent , that to me seem like he would aim for that.

He called him son in the countdown.

Called him a good kid in an Ariel Helwani interview.

Gustaffson is 6 months older.

Yeah Bones is going for the psychology pre-fight jabs by slighting Gus in a subtle way.

Is he coming into this cocky? to me he's just honestly assessing his opponent. If Jones rips off his own toe again, maybe on purpose this time, it will just be to prove a point that he has the rest of the round to finish the fight or he's going to lose via injury. Now that would be cocky.

Confidence can be confused with cockiness and arrogance he is just stating a claim in a certain way.

Jones may be cocky but he's earned that right. I definitely don't think he'll go in overconfident though. He watched what happened to Anderson when he did that.

Jones may be cocky but he's earned that right. I definitely don't think he'll go in overconfident though. He watched what happened to Anderson when he did that.

i dont even call it cocky if you can back it up its just confidence. confidence hes earned mind you. ive rooted against jones 3 times against machida/rampage/ and sonnen but i alsop knew relistaclly that he was the better athlete and more complete fighter each time.

I don't like Jones much but I respect his skill and him as a fighter however during the Countdown show it seemed kinda funny how cocky he was and calling Gus "son" and basically laughed how he trained with Davis after his loss. Im saying right now that Jones is choking out Gus with an anaconda choke the way Davis did too show both they have nothing for him.

1) Davis had nothing for Gustafsson until he was able to slap on that anaconda choke. If you actually watched the fight in it's entirety then you'd see that Gustafsson was able to stuff his takedown attempts from the get go and at the time Phil's striking was absolutely horrible. It was more or less a pure grappling match. I'm a big Phil Davis fan but if they fought today then I doubt Phil could get it to the ground, and if he could, could he keep Alex there let alone submit him again? Phil also has a lightning fast anaconda choke submission over Wagner Prado too (both tapped out quickly because Phil apparently locks that shit up very tight).

2) Jones submitted Lyoto with a front chancery choke (not a standing guillotine). Saying that an anaconda choke is basically the same thing as a front chancery is absolutely wrong. Both chokes are entirely different, one with an arm in, one with an arm out. All an anaconda choke is is an arm triangle choke from front headlock position / north-south.

A face you just love to hate

6886b36a217911e3bbd422000a1f9ab2_7.jpg

A face you just love to hate

Why does King Mo look like he's about 5'8 in that picture with Lyoto (your avatar)? Is Lyoto wearing boots or something? There's only supposed to be a 1 inch height difference. Sounds like another WEC/Zuffa stat lie (another Carwin height case).

Back