Bodybuilders and their motivation culture is BS

Seemingly less than me, lol!

Victor Martinez was a very promising athlete with good posing (reminded people of Arnold in some poses) and he was huge, but he never won an Olympia. He also had some problems with family and law which hindered him obviously.

To notice the difference among athletes you need to be interested in it and spend some time. The variety in how human bodies can be built is much wider than one would think.
I was really into bodybuilding around 2006-2012 but then lost interest.
I really liked golden era athletes, Arnold and Zane the most.
Of the modern guys last one to inspire me was Dennis Wolf but he's not competing anymore. Dude knows a lot about training technique btw, picked some pro tips from his master classes.

Today I see no promising athletes whatsoever, guts are a huge problem (Phil Heath lost his last Olympia because of his gut mostly), and Olympia's top 6 can't even make good shape for 2 evenings. Also synthol is abundant and it sucks. Shame!
The reason I stopped watching Olympia is because of politics, ill tune in but it lost its appeal. and man Bodybuilding was fun especially in the early days of bodybuilding.com when a lot of the pros would post on the forum. I used to love getting those muscle ad fitness magazines and buying the new supplements advertised lol

Victor Martinez was the clear cut winner over Jay Cutler that year, it wasn't even close, Jay was flat no abs, his arms were weak, it was sad. Victor looked amazing he had the size, the aesthetic, the lines everything, full muscle bellies.

They gave it to Cutler. Its lame really, just like when they gave it to Ronnie the year he looked like shit over Cutler.

Its weird how bodybuilding works, its all politics if they go off real time judging many of the winners wouldn't have won back to back.

Victor Martinez was the clear cut winner over Jay Cutler that year, it wasn't even close, Jay was flat no abs, his arms were weak, it was sad. Victor looked amazing he had the size, the aesthetic, the lines everything, full muscle bellies.

I imagined you licking your chops as you typed that.

The reason I stopped watching Olympia is because of politics, ill tune in but it lost its appeal. and man Bodybuilding was fun especially in the early days of bodybuilding.com when a lot of the pros would post on the forum. I used to love getting those muscle ad fitness magazines and buying the new supplements advertised lol

They gave it to Cutler. Its lame really, just like when they gave it to Ronnie the year he looked like shit over Cutler.

Its weird how bodybuilding works, its all politics if they go off real time judging many of the winners wouldn't have won back to back.
yeah fukken politics
Cutler IMO looked his very best at 2009, after his half-assed attempt at 2008 he learned his lesson and showed killer shape.

Bodybuilding is the easiest sport esque thing to do, you dont need talent, you dont have to practice a lot like a fuckin gymnast who has several broken bones or you dont run kms to improve your cardio or you dont get punched in the face like a fighter when you mistakenly leave an openning, you just do 3x12 or 4x10 reps or something and try to get big.Yet most of these guys talk about motivation way more than other people who does real sports.
You search motivation on youtube and everything in there is about bodybuilding, bodybuilding is overrated af.

Edit: Read many of your replies and all you guys talk about is diet and one more set and shit. Dude, these guys just eat dont cut weight, eating healthy is also a lifestyle not something that only bodybuilders do. These guys have the cardio and body of a hippo.
Hippos have amazing cardio

If it was easy everybody would do it...

Fuckin' TS is a delusional retard...

yeah fukken politics
Cutler IMO looked his very best at 2009, after his half-assed attempt at 2008 he learned his lesson and showed killer shape.
Jay always impressed me, he never had the small waist Aesthetic genetics but he sculpted his body to the best of his ability, it was amazing, his conditioning and size was impressive.

Jay-Cutler-Olympia.jpg

To me this was Jays most Aesthetic physique
CutlerJay_2.jpg

Man I miss the early 2000s bodybuild, good times man. What supplements did you used to take? I was always getting the new muscle milk flavors, root beer float was my favorite I used to shake that with cold water and sip it, it smelled great too like root beer.

Im starting to think you might have a similar build to Triple H or one of those block builds,I think you defended his build in another thread as well, when I used him as an example of poor muscle aesthetic genetics.

V-Shape-Body-OF-Triple-H.jpg

10141.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This guy breaks down muscle insertions, everyone has different ones, Triple H just has a horrible muscle genetics, he just takes a lot of gear to get that big

Hah, guilty! I wasn't defending HHH though, I agree from an aesthetic perspective he lacks, I believe it is his lack of shoulder width. I was speaking from a perspective of having gone through it all myself, that it isn't muscle insertions but bone structure.

Luckily for me aesthetics is a sideshow, what matters is physical performance and I got that going on.

Hah, guilty! I wasn't defending HHH though, I agree from an aesthetic perspective he lacks, I believe it is his lack of shoulder width. I was speaking from a perspective of having gone through it all myself, that it isn't muscle insertions but bone structure.

Luckily for me aesthetics is a sideshow, what matters is physical performance and I got that going on.

So many things wrong with Triple H, he is just a block shape, he also has poor pectoral muscle insertions or shape they are not square, and his bicep insertions are weak and mis shaped he has that lui marco thing going, they dont have full muscle bellies.

This guy luimarco is another guy with poor insertions and weak muscle genetics lol horrible
main-qimg-a99e8f765adf695bfe1d392db5abf194.webp

Bone structure def plays a part, most big bone guys are not going to have a small waist, but smaller waist guys are not going to be able to do strong man stuff like big bone guys.

Hulk Hogan is probably the best case for poor muscle genetics and he was on heavy steroid use, look at how horrible his body looks for a guy on roids, he looked soft, deflated, no chest, his biceps were not full a pure endo morph
hogan0.jpg

hulk-hogan.jpg

Bodybuilding is the easiest sport esque thing to do, you dont need talent, you dont have to practice a lot like a fuckin gymnast who has several broken bones or you dont run kms to improve your cardio or you dont get punched in the face like a fighter when you mistakenly leave an openning, you just do 3x12 or 4x10 reps or something and try to get big.Yet most of these guys talk about motivation way more than other people who does real sports.
You search motivation on youtube and everything in there is about bodybuilding, bodybuilding is overrated af.

Edit: Read many of your replies and all you guys talk about is diet and one more set and shit. Dude, these guys just eat dont cut weight, eating healthy is also a lifestyle not something that only bodybuilders do. These guys have the cardio and body of a hippo.

If it wasn't hard, why isn't everyone in shape around me?

Just curious, does everyone in this thread that appreciates these physiques, would you actually want to look like these guys? I'm talking hypothetical, if you could just snap your fingers and it happens?

To each his own but as short guy at 5'7, if I had to choose between a Franco Colombu physique and Jose Aldo, I would pick Jose Aldo 100% of the time. I think all these guys look ridiculous but I think it looks worse the shorter you are.

No doubt it takes a lot of dedication and hard work but so so does becoming the best guitar player, golfer etc.

Motivation is overrated. Everyone knows what they want and how to get it. It's the discipline thats the hard part

Dumb thread and a lot of dumb replies. If golf and driving are sports then so is bodybuilding. Do they look disgusting? Yes. Are they douchey a lot of the time? Yes. Is their sport easy? Fuck no. Probably one of the toughest ones out there besides MMA which IMO is the toughest.

But of course this is sherdog where everyone is 8'6", 500lbs of lean muscle with under 4 min miles who can run up to 100 mile marathons and make $250k a month without working while living in the basement.

Just curious, does everyone in this thread that appreciates these physiques, would you actually want to look like these guys? I'm talking hypothetical, if you could just snap your fingers and it happens?

To each his own but as short guy at 5'7, if I had to choose between a Franco Colombu physique and Jose Aldo, I would pick Jose Aldo 100% of the time. I think all these guys look ridiculous but I think it looks worse the shorter you are.

No doubt it takes a lot of dedication and hard work but so so does becoming the best guitar player, golfer etc.
Hell no I wouldnt want to look like most of them, but I admire their work and am in awe by how they can shape and build mass. Its impressive

I think if I had to pick a bodybuilder to look like it would be Serge Nubret
ef6b52_9fc57b9d5409409999c1ddf41a7e5896.jpg

Serge-Nubret.jpg

The fact that some dude beat his record by a kilogram and he said "fuck that", beat the new record by 48 pounds, exploded his brain and then said he'd do it again is fucking insane lmao.

Like I said, at those levels, ounces matter. He said "fuck ounces".
Yeah, Eddie is fucking insane man. He's currently working up to a 700 lb bench. I think he might event try to go for the WR there too.

That said, I do think there's a decent chance Hafthor Bjornsson will break Eddie's record at some point. Eddie took an entire year just to prepare for the 500kg deadlift. Thor is already somewhat close, while it's not even his primary focus.

Yeah, Eddie is fucking insane man. He's currently working up to a 700 lb bench. I think he might event try to go for the WR there too.

That said, I do think there's a decent chance Hafthor Bjornsson will break Eddie's record at some point. Eddie took an entire year just to prepare for the 500kg deadlift. Thor is already somewhat close, while it's not even his primary focus.

The Mountain is super juicy and Eddie competes in tested programs, as far as I know. Not saying he's all natty, but Hafthor isn't passing the same tests he is.

Edit: Not to downplay it. No amount of juice makes that feat unimpressive. People have been juicing forever and not gotten that strong.

The Mountain is super juicy and Eddie competes in tested programs, as far as I know. Not saying he's all natty, but Hafthor isn't passing the same tests he is.

Edit: Not to downplay it. No amount of juice makes that feat unimpressive. People have been juicing forever and not gotten that strong.
Nah, dude. Eddie is not tested at all. None of the top level guys are. Eddie and Thor competed in a lot of the same shows, and none of them had testing. Maybe one or two shows did, but the athletes know when the tests are coming and what they test for, so it's easy to beat. Literally all of the top strongmen and powerlifters are juiced to the max. Eddie was probably on legendary doses of gear when he pulled 500 kg.

Nah, dude. Eddie is not tested at all. None of the top level guys are. Eddie and Thor competed in a lot of the same shows, and none of them had testing. Maybe one or two shows did, but the athletes know when the tests are coming and what they test for, so it's easy to beat. Literally all of the top strongmen and powerlifters are juiced to the max. Eddie was probably on legendary doses of gear when he pulled 500 kg.
I have a powerlifting friend and he’s on trenbalone and 500mg test a week. Also HCG for sperm production. Even an AI for estrogen.

So he’s basically sticking a needle in his ass or leg 3 to 4 times a week.

If he was to get off that stuff I can’t imagine how much he would shrink.

The sad thing is he’s not even competing at a high level. Just a big oafy dude bro .

Haha, fair enough.

I thought I read that he competed in clean orgs, but I might be mistaking him for someone else.

So many things wrong with Triple H, he is just a block shape, he also has poor pectoral muscle insertions or shape they are not square, and his bicep insertions are weak and mis shaped he has that lui marco thing going, they dont have full muscle bellies.

This guy luimarco is another guy with poor insertions and weak muscle genetics lol horrible
main-qimg-a99e8f765adf695bfe1d392db5abf194.webp

Bone structure def plays a part, most big bone guys are not going to have a small waist, but smaller waist guys are not going to be able to do strong man stuff like big bone guys.

Hulk Hogan is probably the best case for poor muscle genetics and he was on heavy steroid use, look at how horrible his body looks for a guy on roids, he looked soft, deflated, no chest, his biceps were not full a pure endo morph
hogan0.jpg

hulk-hogan.jpg

guy in the under armour looks okay really

looks like your average bodybuilder

Back