body fat percentage

Matt Suwak

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
i had two tests taken the other day that put me at 11.4% body fat. i look in the mirror and i dont see it being there. my stomach is bigger and not defined, but that seems awfulyl low for what i was expecting. any info on this stuff?

Want a six-pack? Get to 5%.

Welcome to the club.

5% is pretty good. I got quite a ways until I get there...

It can be hard to tell someones bodyfat percent. Some people have a lot of bodyfat in their muscles and between their organs rather than pereferally. These people are normally the much more obese people and it is VERY unleathy if you have your fat like this. Others mostly have it on the peripheral and it is better for you. Also, your muscle mass has a big determinant, at least for showing it. Strongmen can look fat and have like 20-25, while someone without the broad shoulders so much may be similar in size and have 50%.

Just keep on losing the weight if you want a six pack. 5% is a bit low, that is really defined, but by 8ish you should be pretty happy. I think bodybuilders come in around 4-5% with all the diruetics and crazy dieting they do. Maybe some pro's around 3-4.

What info were you looking for?

Like madmick says, if you want to start seeing your six pack you need to be at 5%

Rjkd12 said:
It can be hard to tell someones bodyfat percent. Some people have a lot of bodyfat in their muscles and between their organs rather than pereferally. These people are normally the much more obese people and it is VERY unleathy if you have your fat like this. Others mostly have it on the peripheral and it is better for you. Also, your muscle mass has a big determinant, at least for showing it. Strongmen can look fat and have like 20-25, while someone without the broad shoulders so much may be similar in size and have 50%.

Just keep on losing the weight if you want a six pack. 5% is a bit low, that is really defined, but by 8ish you should be pretty happy. I think bodybuilders come in around 4-5% with all the diruetics and crazy dieting they do. Maybe some pro's around 3-4.

What info were you looking for?

you pretty much got it, i was just curious if it was fat in one part of my body or what. like i said, i feel great about every other part of my body but my torso needs work, and im guessing thats the hihger concentration of the body fat.

grapling101 said:
Like madmick says, if you want to start seeing your six pack you need to be at 5%

5%??? No one should be at 5% unless they are bodybuilding.

my friend is 6'1 and weighs 135, 140 on a good day. he doesnt even register on those electronic body fat readers.

LCDforMe said:
My cousin's best friend, as seen here, http://cougarfan.com/downloads/2001FootballStaley.jpg , was always at about 6 or 7% when he was playing college and as he went into his pro season (He ended up retiring as his knees had multiple surgeries before going pro and then one during training camp ended his career).

I remember him...awesome college player, but guess didn't have it in the NFL.

Thats not true in all cases, Im currently 6'1 227lbs and i have a bf % of 9 and I have a clear six pack.
5% is very low and im pretty sure that not many guys on this board unless they are competing are down that low so quit with the BS talking you wanna bes

Back