• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Bobby Green KO Grant Dawson GIFS

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Dawson … Chinny?

dude... he wasn't even close to being out. he literally fell with intention and awareness. he braced himself for the fall on his right arm, knew where he was, and just turtled up. it's not like he got KO'd. he didn't even get rocked! if you are rocked so bad that you are dropped, you don't consciously put your arm out to catch yourself. he was there the entire time and literally gave up. never tried to stand up, never tried to survive. people are saying he has a weak chin, but can you have a weak chin if you don't get knocked out, but you just quit? what gets me is that lately we've seen all these insane main events that, "NO ONE KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN! THIS SPORT IS INSANE!" but its all been because one of the fighters has underperformed and, "didn't look like themselves." The first thing Dana said at the post fight presser was, "you never know what's going to happen in this sport." he said the same exact thing after the O'Malley fight where he won the title, and after Strickland beat Adesanya. if, hypothetically, I knew what was going to happen and there was a ton of behind the scenes talks and negotiations and money being exchanged, this is exactly the first thing I would say, too.

the UFC has changed immensely since the WME buy out, and even in the last month since the WWE merger all these insane moments and viral worthy content has been produced. the people that run those organizations GIVE ZERO FUCKS ABOUT THE INTEGRITY OF THE SPORT! THEY ARE ABOUT MONEY AND THE BOTTOM LINE IS MONEY! why do we keep seeing these extremely marketable fighters WHO, "SHOULD," LOSE KEEP WINNING IN AMAZING FASHION AND KEEP BEING GIFTED DECISIONS? look at the V. Demop win tonight. do you think homegirl who doesn't speak english is going to bring any money into the organization? FUCK NO! Bobby Green is infinitely more marketable than Grant Dawson, a fighter who is very very very good and should have beaten Bobby with ease. for whatever reason, he left himself completely open, threw little to no strikes, and was dropped by a dude who peppers people with shots... Dawson is fully aware of where he is when he lands on his back, and he did nothing to cover up. that, to me, is fucking sketchy.

look at the sequence in the o'malley/ aljo fight where Aljo actually grabs ahold of him... it looks like he's never completed a take down in his life! he completely abandoned the take down despite having complete hold of him... a guy who held down Petr Yan for 5 fucking rounds and took his back at will... and then some seconds later, he lunges into a punch (like he's never thrown a punch before) braces for impact, closes his eyes, and takes the punch. same thing, he was completely aware of where he was, never tried to get up, and left his fucking head open the whole time, waiting to get finished. again, during the post fight press conference, Aljo says poetically, "I took a shot." point blank, he told us, he closed his eyes and took a shot.

look at Khamzat vs The Leech and the first sequence where the leech throws a wild right hand (like he's never thrown a punch before and like he had no idea that Khamzat was going to grab him) and he then gets carried WHILE FLAILING across the cage. I bring this fight up because this is the fight that really put Khamzat on the map. I firmly believe The Leech threw that fight.

I know I am going to get flamed to shit for this, but I have been following this sport very closely for a very long time and I have never seen shit like this happen before in the manner in which its happening since literally billons of dollars have been flowing through the sport. again, THE PEOPLE WHO RUN THESE ORGANIZATIONS HAVE NO INTEGRITY FOR THEMSELVES, HOW THEY MAKE MONEY, OR THE SPORT! I am not (directly) saying that these fights have been fixed, but what I am saying is, there is so much money and marketing going on behind the scenes, and FOR SOME REASON, the fighters who will make the most money for the organizations are winning in spectacular fashion over and over and over again, and the fighters they're doing it against are underperforming over and over and over again. not to mention how heavily MMA betting is being pushed, and fighters who are +300 and above are winning again and again. THE BOTTOM LINE IS MONEY!!!

the UFC is NOW a sister company of the WWE, which is an entertainment company, not a sport. they know how to sell sell sell. they know how to build story lines and hold people's attention. why wouldn't the UFC take pages out of their playbook when clearly that's what it is becoming. I fear this trend is going to continue. what I fear the most though is that I'm not longer going to be able to enjoy the sport that I love so much.

/rant

//yes, I am a stupid fuck who knows nothing.

<TheWire1><seedat>

Green Manalishi was the devil manifested as a wad of cash.

dude... he wasn't even close to being out. he literally fell with intention and awareness. he braced himself for the fall on his right arm, knew where he was, and just turtled up. it's not like he got KO'd. he didn't even get rocked! if you are rocked so bad that you are dropped, you don't consciously put your arm out to catch yourself. he was there the entire time and literally gave up. never tried to stand up, never tried to survive. people are saying he has a weak chin, but can you have a weak chin if you don't get knocked out, but you just quit? what gets me is that lately we've seen all these insane main events that, "NO ONE KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN! THIS SPORT IS INSANE!" but its all been because one of the fighters has underperformed and, "didn't look like themselves." The first thing Dana said at the post fight presser was, "you never know what's going to happen in this sport." he said the same exact thing after the O'Malley fight where he won the title, and after Strickland beat Adesanya. if, hypothetically, I knew what was going to happen and there was a ton of behind the scenes talks and negotiations and money being exchanged, this is exactly the first thing I would say, too.

the UFC has changed immensely since the WME buy out, and even in the last month since the WWE merger all these insane moments and viral worthy content has been produced. the people that run those organizations GIVE ZERO FUCKS ABOUT THE INTEGRITY OF THE SPORT! THEY ARE ABOUT MONEY AND THE BOTTOM LINE IS MONEY! why do we keep seeing these extremely marketable fighters WHO, "SHOULD," LOSE KEEP WINNING IN AMAZING FASHION AND KEEP BEING GIFTED DECISIONS? look at the V. Demop win tonight. do you think homegirl who doesn't speak english is going to bring any money into the organization? FUCK NO! Bobby Green is infinitely more marketable than Grant Dawson, a fighter who is very very very good and should have beaten Bobby with ease. for whatever reason, he left himself completely open, threw little to no strikes, and was dropped by a dude who peppers people with shots... Dawson is fully aware of where he is when he lands on his back, and he did nothing to cover up. that, to me, is fucking sketchy.

look at the sequence in the o'malley/ aljo fight where Aljo actually grabs ahold of him... it looks like he's never completed a take down in his life! he completely abandoned the take down despite having complete hold of him... a guy who held down Petr Yan for 5 fucking rounds and took his back at will... and then some seconds later, he lunges into a punch (like he's never thrown a punch before) braces for impact, closes his eyes, and takes the punch. same thing, he was completely aware of where he was, never tried to get up, and left his fucking head open the whole time, waiting to get finished. again, during the post fight press conference, Aljo says poetically, "I took a shot." point blank, he told us, he closed his eyes and took a shot.

look at Khamzat vs The Leech and the first sequence where the leech throws a wild right hand (like he's never thrown a punch before and like he had no idea that Khamzat was going to grab him) and he then gets carried WHILE FLAILING across the cage. I bring this fight up because this is the fight that really put Khamzat on the map. I firmly believe The Leech threw that fight.

I know I am going to get flamed to shit for this, but I have been following this sport very closely for a very long time and I have never seen shit like this happen before in the manner in which its happening since literally billons of dollars have been flowing through the sport. again, THE PEOPLE WHO RUN THESE ORGANIZATIONS HAVE NO INTEGRITY FOR THEMSELVES, HOW THEY MAKE MONEY, OR THE SPORT! I am not (directly) saying that these fights have been fixed, but what I am saying is, there is so much money and marketing going on behind the scenes, and FOR SOME REASON, the fighters who will make the most money for the organizations are winning in spectacular fashion over and over and over again, and the fighters they're doing it against are underperforming over and over and over again. not to mention how heavily MMA betting is being pushed, and fighters who are +300 and above are winning again and again. THE BOTTOM LINE IS MONEY!!!

the UFC is NOW a sister company of the WWE, which is an entertainment company, not a sport. they know how to sell sell sell. they know how to build story lines and hold people's attention. why wouldn't the UFC take pages out of their playbook when clearly that's what it is becoming. I fear this trend is going to continue. what I fear the most though is that I'm not longer going to be able to enjoy the sport that I love so much.

/rant

//yes, I am a stupid fuck who knows nothing.

I read that.

And you know what I'm going to do?

not listen to white denim

Back