Bob Sapp Comeback, Honestly?

W

WarKO

I know he's had some silliness. But the dude has some credible KickBoxing and MMA Wins. The technique is not bad either throws good combos and fakes, idk why he loses so much.
He may be in wrong weight class 6'5" 350 makes Brock Lesnar Look like a midget.

After a string of horrible non-effort losses I honestly think I saw some nice combos and effort w Akeebo.
Maybe he belongs in SHW or just needs to get his mojo back.

Im really not trolling here. I know Bob Sapps had many weird moments. I know he also failed in the NFL despite being a massive phsyical specimen.

But honestly, anyone here that knows MMA or Kickboxing, he shows good combinations and defense. Suddenly loses them for no reason but even in the Akeebo fight he was throwing solid combos.

It's no secret, anyone who's followed K-1/MMA for quite some time knows he was a legitimate fighter when he took it seriously. He brutalized Big Nog in their fight and beat Hoost twice.

People disregard him nowadays not because of the "non-effort" or "no reason" losses, it's because he's blatantly throwing fights in those losses. He admitted as much to Ariel Helwani. It's why it's considered a joke organizations would still be dumb enough to hire him.

It's no secret, anyone who's followed K-1/MMA for quite some time knows he was a legitimate fighter when he took it seriously. He brutalized Bog Nog in their fight and beat Hoost twice.

You mean Kongo?

Meant Big Nog. He was inflicting some serious damage before Nog does what Nog did best in his prime. Take an ass-whooping yet still pull out the win.

Meant Big Nog. He was inflicting some serious damage before Nog does what Nog did best in his prime. Take an ass-whooping yet still pull out the win.

Yeah I know. I can respect the early part of Bob Sapp's career.

I might have to take some issue with TS praising him as a technician. He beat Hoost with punches that look like a beginner's Taebo class. He just had the strength of a Clydesdale behind them.

After a string of horrible non-effort losses I honestly think I saw some nice combos and effort w Akeebo.

When? He only landed those circular punches

Im really not trolling here.
9kVeyp.gif

His contract had to be structured somehow that he only made anything if he won, or at least put on a respectable performance.

I would love to watch him continue to seriously fight.
However, he is old now. And still can't handle serious adversity.

So many of you noobs have no understanding of who Akebono actually is.

Good technique? He makes Gabi Garcia look like Floyd Mayweather.

Gabi vs. Sapp though???

Nah, his heart pumps Kool-Aid.

Maybe he was getting more than enough just to show, but goddamn man, have some self repect.

kickboxing fans hate him because he showed that the only think that matters is size. Just like Lesnar.

Good technique? He makes Gabi Garcia look like Floyd Mayweather.

Gabi vs. Sapp though???

`

Thank you. Gabi was actually throwing backwards slaps and windmill on-top-of-the-head punches.

Sapp keeps his hands up and throws good combos although bit slow. Granted w Akebono he threw like 10 lefts in a row ( i forget may have been rights but he kept throwing the same shot and you'd think changing it up would work better) but that's a lot morunderstandable error than completely flopping around.

Bob has not seriously trained since the early part of the first George W Bush administration.

Yeah I know. I can respect the early part of Bob Sapp's career.

I might have to take some issue with TS praising him as a technician. He beat Hoost with punches that look like a beginner's Taebo class. He just had the strength of a Clydesdale behind them.
He also had the ref allowing him to make like a billion fouls because they loved Bob

I can't see his body producing much testosterone on it's own since his Whey Proton / Creatine binge throughout Pride.

Back