• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bob (Mueller)'s 13 Russian Burgers: Russia Investigation v.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing Mueller ultimately wants to pressure Manafort to testify against bigger fish, some of whom are so dangerous in the international crime community that such an action would get Manafort killed.

Hypothetical question: would his life be endangered if he testified against Trump?

Nobody put in Witness Protection has ever been murdered

Would Trump have still won the election if Russia did not help him?

It's an interesting question. Given how close the results were and even though he was running against a very flawed candidate, I don't think he wins without the help from Russia.

What say you?

hi HomeCheese, nice to meet you oh mighty fromage!

ShoelessRye has it right, i think. we just don't know. i think its probably safer to say that the US electoral process was meddled with and it appears the preponderance of Russian activity involved pro-Bernie/pro-Trump stuff.

*shrugs*

i'd just say that i don't think Mrs. Clinton benefited from Russia's interference.

- IGIT

Which goes against your idea that they were just backing anybody against Clinton, and leads credence to the fact they had early extra incentive to see Trump win the primary and then the general. Why back him at 5000-to-1 if they just wanted to beat Clinton? Bet on the easy GOP favorite, who would be the stronger GE candidate against Hillary as well.

Fair point. But what they did against GOP was negligible.

There were no Bombshells from the Russians about other GOP candidates

Wouldn't they have had a much more visual push against the other GOP candidates if only goal is to get Trump elected?

It's an interesting question. Given how close the results were and even though he was running against a very flawed candidate, I don't think he wins without the help from Russia.

What say you?

Proove it made a tangible difference or disappear from sight.

Nobody in witness protection had the Russian intelligence service out after them either though.

I know Putin has killa Russians on foreign soil but has he ever gone after citizen of a NATO country in that country?

Given it came down to 80,000 votes out of 100M+ cast only answer is "we'll never truly know". Russia certainly believes it was having it's desired impact or they woudn't have did it.

I'm guessing the propaganda campaign done by Russia had more than a 1% sway on voters. Some voted for Trump instead and many other just didn't vote I suspect.

At one time many months ago, my best, safe guess about all this was that Mueller would net some small fish, and find some lawbreaking. I figured there was probably no actual collusion although it seemed clear the Russians interfered in our election.

With the way DT is reacting now, however, it's hard to draw a conclusion other than that there's something he's specifically bothered by.

He exhibits the aspect of a man who feels guilty about something.

What say you?

Russia didn’t help him

Would Trump have swept the entire nation if Hilary wasn’t given debate questions by the DNC, illegals didn’t vote for her, and the democrats didn’t pay people to go incite violence at GOP events? You know things that are actually proven to have happened.

hi HomeCheese, nice to meet you oh mighty fromage!

ShoelessRye has it right, i think. we just don't know. i think its probably safer to say that the US electoral process was meddled with and it appears the preponderance of Russian activity involved pro-Bernie/pro-Trump stuff.

*shrugs*

i'd just say that i don't think Mrs. Clinton benefited from Russia's interference.

- IGIT

Hola IGIT, the pleasure is mine.

One would think the Russian help made at least a 1% difference which already is enough to account for the victory.

At one time many months ago, my best, safe guess about all this was that Mueller would net some small fish, and find some lawbreaking. I figured there was probably no actual collusion although it seemed clear the Russians interfered in our election.

With the way DT is reacting now, however, it's hard to draw a conclusion other than that there's something he's specifically bothered by.

I think as we move up the chain and to Trump going into a Grand Jury (he will heed lawyers advice and avoid a direct convo with Mueller), the best outcome is one of his kids (probably Jr) being indicted. The worst outcome is he himself is eventually indicted and likely starts as an unindicted co-conspirator to kickstart impeachment.

What say you?
Comey's 11th hour torpedo against the Clinton camp had a far more detrimental effect than any Russian propaganda. The election was so close because people right perceived Hillary as an establishment shill.

I never told anyone this but there was a russian spy outside our polling station, showing everyone tweets on an Ipad.

The clincher for me was the "share if this was the best debate ever" tweet. I threw Hillary right in the garbage over that.

No, I thought Hillary was a great candidate till Russia talked me out of it. It was only Russia, BTW, and no other country gave any coverage on any of it.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Maybe.

Lets be honest...Most of the fake news, bullshit hype was from Infowars/Various bullshit Right Wing Facebook pages.....So it's not like there wasn't bullshit all over the place already, Russia just added more fuel to the fire...They didn't start the fire.

However Russians seemed to be more organized and targeted districts/states where every vote mattered...I forgot how exactly they did it but I remember they created fake profiles within those communities(Perhaps entered their local pages or added friends?) then spread fake news.

Personally if I thought I won the election fair and square but now all that I've dealt with in the past year is Russian collusion. I might be pissed off about it too.

I know Putin has killa Russians on foreign soil but has he ever gone after citizen of a NATO country in that country?

Litvinenko was a Russian citizen but had been granted political asylum in the UK. That didn't stop Putin having him killed in the most grotesque way possible; Putin ordered the man to be poisoned with Polonium. Litvinenko died in agony; they had to bury the poor bastard in a lead- lined coffin. The FSB men who carried out the hit left a radioactive trail across London.

The KGB/FSB wrote the book on assassination. They could have killed Litvinenko in any number of ways and made it look like suicide, accidental death etc. The reason Putin ordered them to use Polonium was to leave absolutely no doubt that he was responsible. He was sending a message to the West: piss me off enough and I don't care where you run or who is protecting you.

I don't know. I think the people who believed the sort of crap these troll farms were producing already had their minds made up and were just looking for something, anything really, to crow and screech about. But then again, maybe it got some of those people just worked up enough to vote when they otherwise wouldn't have, or maybe they influenced a friend or two. Regardless, the investigation is worth having; and most of the people pushing for it have never said that it ultimately affected the outcome anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back