Bluetooth mp3 player - anybody use one?

I have a few, Sony ones are a little expensive but you can get some cheapish Chinese players for sub $30 with a decent sound, bass boost, 16gb internal and takes SD card up to 164

Never use phone for music either
what year is this

I used to have one before. It was a iPod nano. Years back I used to use SanDisks. Might actually get one again soon, just for my car for music, or anything assorted I Might need

what year is this

LOL at progressing backwards to jogging with your giant phone or watch that lasts less than a week or earphones that need to be charged in addition to the player

My last ipod broke a couple months ago, was gonna get a new one but then I just decided to start streaming music with amazon. The sound quality is better and I don't have to download stuff anymore. There's just a few songs here and there that were part of my original playlist that amazon doesn't have

So of all the examples you could have selected from…
View attachment 864775 View attachment 864776
View attachment 864777

You chose…
View attachment 864774

<WhatIsThis>
You missed the whole point fella.

Bicycle shorts look silly but they work. So people trade off looking silly to be more comfortable. Function over form just like that stupid looking mp3 player you posted.

All the things you listed look badass and also do badass things. Literally nothing to do with the point i made and have nothing to do with that silly looking head strap you muppet.

Cool pics though

<WhatIsThis>
You missed the whole point fella.

Bicycle shorts look silly but they work. So people trade off looking silly to be more comfortable. Function over form just like that stupid looking mp3 player you posted.

All the things you listed look badass and also do badass things. Literally nothing to do with the point i made and have nothing to do with that silly looking head strap you muppet.

Cool pics though

The fact that you think bicycle shorts are this awesome comfortable functional thing I think just confirms the point I’m making about you

Also like WTF are you even talking about:
1550254924_5c67033266aaf.jpg
HTB16IK0y25TBuNjSspcq6znGFXaw.jpg
f1c4fd54a37d0d43f3943f661c5e876e.jpg

And here's PowerBeats for comparison
pb1.jpg
pb4.jpg
pb5.jpg

But I guess not everyone can have the finely tuned aesthetic eye of a Carson Kressley like you.

Last edited:
You said bluetooth, so where is the player getting the music from?

There's music on the device like a an ordinary MP3 player. It streams to bluetooth devices (headphones).

Yeah, I have one from Amazon. I got it for like $30 and got a 128 GB microSD card. It's not bad. It cuts out every once in a while (like for a second or two every 20 to 30 minutes) which is mildly annoying, but not too bad.

I have a Microsoft ZuneHD 32gb and use it pretty much every day.

I still use my original og Nano at times with no Bluetooth functionality.

i use my phone a lot too with blue tooth headphones or to a speaker but I’ve been thinking of getting another newer MP3 player.

don’t want to waste all my storage on my phone on music and have playlist I love for specific things on my player.

Here’s a real recommendation

View attachment 864754
Sony NW-WS23

The reasons why I like it:
You don’t need your phone, it has internal storage and can work like a MP3 player and looks like a USB drive to your computer (it also has a great interface)
You can use your phone if you want through Bluetooth
It is virtually indestructible, you can even swim with it
It blocks out all noise using silicon earplugs
It has 15 hours battery life on mp3 mode, which I’ve tested
It still costs like 1/3 less than even the basic AirPods

(…and yet I cannot convince any girls to want this instead of AirPods)
Ive bought 2 of these, well 1, then i replaced it. They suck. They didnt stay in my ears and eventually, they stopped working. The wires inside the tube get twisted or whatever and it causes 1 side to go out at some point of time.

Ive purchased a SHITLOAD of stand alone mp3 players cuz i too dont like using my phone. Weird brands tho...jlab, pyle, taygo, aftershockz, etc. They were all water proof and hardly lasted in any pool i went in.

The aftershockz were awesome until, again, 1 side stopped working. Replaced it and the same shit happened. I wanted an upgraded model because they fit so well, but they are hardly loud. Apparently, there isnt an mp3 one anymore and its just the bluetooth. I got another skull headphone but its even quieter and i cant remember the brand.

I currently use a bluetooth beats knock off. It sucks but it does stay in my ears (which is why i dont trust shit like air buds).

Last edited:
Do they still make the ipod shuffle? That's all I use for exercising.

Ive bought 2 of these, well 1, then i replaced it. They suck. They didnt stay in my ears and eventually, they stopped working. The wires inside the tube get twisted or whatever and it causes 1 side to go out at some point of time.

Ive purchased a SHITLOAD of stand alone mp3 players cuz i too dont like using my phone. Weird brands tho...jlab, pyle, taygo, aftershockz, etc. They were all water proof and hardly lasted in any pool i went in.

The aftershockz were awesome until, again, 1 side stopped working. Replaced it and the same shit happened. I wanted an upgraded model because they fit so well, but they are hardly loud. Apparently, there isnt an mp3 one anymore and its just the bluetooth. I got another skull headphone but its even quieter and i cant remember the brand.

I currently use a bluetooth beats knock off. It sucks but it does stay in my ears (which is why i feel shit like air buds).
It’s interesting the different experiences people can have with the same thing. I don’t question yours, but I’ve had mine for 2 years already. I use it quite a lot and not gently. I recently tested the battery and it’s still at least more than 12 hours.

I am surprised however that you say they don’t fit your ear since they come with a variety of sized tips. None of them fit?

It’s interesting the different experiences people can have with the same thing. I don’t question yours, but I’ve had mine for 2 years already. I use it quite a lot and not gently. I recently tested the battery and it’s still at least more than 12 hours.

I am surprised however that you say they don’t fit your ear since they come with a variety of sized tips. None of them fit?
Nope, i guess i have a lousy left ear.

The cheaper ones i got had a tighter squeeze around my head, so even if one popped out, it still rested at the hole.

Back