Blue/white belt?

Bummer. I kind of liked how the belts were few and far between.

Does anyone have a picture of this blue/white belt. I'm curious to what they look like.

Just suck it up and wait to get a blue belt.

I'd rather see them add a green than water down the blue but you guys know blue belts getting watered down for the sake of money or what ever is inevitable.

I couldn't agree more. I'd rather they add a rank to keep beginners happy then water down the blue belt.

Not to be petty but shouldn't high ranking dudes know how to tie their belts?

A story of subjectivity. I switched gyms this week and after rolling with some students and the instructor he put two stripes on my belt. At my old school I had no stripes although I think I had one waiting for a seminar. Anyway I told my new instrcutor I only wanted the stripes if they were legit and he replied that my skills and training time were clearly that of at least two strips.

Some subjectivity in there but both schools still makes people earn their blue belts and that is only thing that makes them worth it. Otherwise don't bother I would just as well wear a white belt forever.

"Otherwise don't bother I would just as well wear a white belt forever." - smart

This is how it should be, train your positions, work your cardio, rep out the moves that come easy, rep the ones that are hard 10 times more. This belt thread is a waste of time, progress in BJJ is beyond winning and beyond belt colour.

Just train guys, that's all that will ever matter, you'll see how little all this "progress bar" shit really means. The best thing about Jiu Jitsu is your friends, and training so hard, and so much, that your think you're gonna pass out, and all you have left is your technique when your strength is gone.

Back