Bloody Elbow's robot analyzes Jones vs Gustafsson

Toco

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Basically its a robot that picks up FightMetric's stats and analyzes in a certain way. The second link in the end of the thread explain it more detailed.

Gift_-_UFC_165_-_Jones-Gustafsson__Round_1.0.jpg

Gift_-_UFC_165_-_Jones-Gustafsson__Round_2.0.jpg

Gift_-_UFC_165_-_Jones-Gustafsson__Round_3.0.jpg

The theme of every round was essentially this: Jones landed more power shots, Gus missed more power shots, Gus landed more jabs (except in the 2nd) and Gus missed more jabs. Gus was more active but also inefficient, especially with power.

Gus focused his activity to the head. Judges, of course, like it when your strikes connect but they also tend to value all misses to the head and power misses to the body. In round 1, Gus missed 11 head jabs to Jones' 4, 11 head power shots to Jones' 3 and 5 power shots to the body to Jones' zero. Mostly similar numbers held in rounds 2 and 3.

So did Gus' activity mess with our heads? RoboJudge thinks maybe so in round 1. Here's the report for a typical MMA judge.

Gift_-_UFC_165_-_Jones-Gustafsson_-_RoboJudge.0.jpg

Gift_-_UFC_165_-_Jones-Gustafsson_-_RoboJudge__No_Misses_.0.jpg

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/2...-165-robojudge-jon-jones-alexander-gustafsson

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/...c-robojudge-hendricks-gsp-lawler-title-fights

Stupid robot.
It is going to take a while for them to take over this planet.

The robot is obviously biased-against not Americans like the rest of the media that scored the fight for Jones.

it says opponents face didn't got damaged

aad5c-9.gif

So this is the result of 1 round?

1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

Jones is prepping for an MRI in that pic as he hurt his foot kicking Gus in the head, that damage could have come from any of the five rounds.

Jones is prepping for an MRI in that pic as he hurt his foot kicking Gus in the head, that damage could have come from any of the five rounds.

well the robot didn't says anything about that, so it is not true :wink:

My point is that some things cant be measured objectively (with numbers etc). Not saying that Gus won the fight, i just saying that trusting a robot is bs.

On January 4, 2015 at 07:19 PM Eastern Time, Bloody Elbow becomes self-aware.

I watched the fight with a bunch of people, they were certain Gus won... I said it really comes down to how each round is scored and some of the rounds were close and very subjective.

You don't need a robot to play the numbers in favor of a few statistics to say that Jones won the fight... Jones landed a ton and had Gus rattled more than once, the same as Gus really cracked Jones hard early and Jones ego seemed to take over and he paid for it with more cracking.

It was a great fight, one of the best in MMA, and scoring is far more subjective than numbers can show.

Back