Blood in Blood out Give me some CHON CHON

When I first watched it was in the 90s on VHS then DVD when I worked at hollywood video I rented it again that was early 2000s
damn looks like I'd have to buy some stone age DVD on Amazon.

you want that Kumite belt? Come at me bros.

images

the OG GSP

It was awesome.
Really weird there was also that movie with
William Forsythe as the white guy in a mexican gang.
American Me, that was a darker movie

american me is based on true events. the white guy in the movie was based on this white turkish guy i believe. Its been awhile since i watched the documentary on it.

I actually met Mr Olmos when he was going around to schools speaking on anti gang life. He was talking about he was getting death threats for doing that movie. basically they had real gangstas to help on the film but certain things they werent supposed to release in the film so..

Last edited:
The guy from fame singing at his brothers grave always gets me.
Also the bobby chacon reference.

american me is based on true events. the white guy in the movie was based on this white turkish guy i believe. Its been awhile since i watched the documentary on it.

I actually met Mr Olmos when he was going around to schools speaking on anti gang life. He was talking about he was getting death threats for doing that movie. basically they had real gangstas to help on the film but certain things they werent supposed to us in the film so..
JD's character was based on Joe Morgan - his family were Croatian. The script was loosely based on Eme history and the advisers tied to Eme were taken-out down the road, along with others like the abuela who was an anti-gang activist and former Big Hazard member. Eme's main beef was with the rape scene(s), there was a lot of shit that went down after the film was released over time.

morgan_000.jpg

I actually met Mr Olmos when he was going around to schools speaking on anti gang life. He was talking about he was getting death threats for doing that movie. basically they had real gangstas to help on the film but certain things they werent supposed to release in the film so..
Olmos got death threats because he soiled that gang members name by making up a story of him getting his shit pushed in in Juvy everyone remembers that scene in the movie.

The white guy is Joe Peg Leg Morgan he was Croatian, he was a real deal top dog of La eme. Olmos fucked up, he should have never did that.

Most people don't know they made a sequel

yes Bratt is an underrated actor its a shame he never got more lead roles he had the presence on screen, if you watch the movie again its filled with some great acting. Paco and his little brother Cruzito had some great scenes. Im also surprised Cruzito never got nominated for a golden globe or oscar, they had some dam good scenes. I think the campy corny acting by Popeye and Miklo hurt people taking it serious lol, but those prison scenes were so funny. The movie like I said is interesting because it has over the top almost laughable acting with Popeye, big al, and miklo and then the scenes outside of prison with Paco and Cruzito are some dam good acting.

Miklo best scene where he didn't act like a manchild or special ed kid was this exchange with Paco, this was great acting and dialogue here, I think thats what they wanted to grasp how the gang life can change an innocent kid like Miklo, he went from an innocent kid who begged Paco not to kill Spider and then ended up killing Spider to save Pacos life ends up in prison naive and innocent and then comes out hardened criminal who only felt love from the crime world he fell into by accident.

Cruzito tells Paco not to hate Miklo because it was him he was trying to be like, when you look back at the movie and get to the heart of it its very powerful message

a couple of scenes with cruzito and paco actually made me cry so yes i absolutely agree - these two can absolutely act.

The white guy getting "chon chonned" looked familiar. Thought that guy was the dude who played Johnny Cage in MK. Looked him up on IMDB. Damien Chapa. Found out he actually played Ken in Street Fighter. thought he looked familiar. Right genre.. wrong franchise.

Never heard of this movie but looks good based off of vids.
cba605f5-6956-4a7c-b05d-03a474e9188a.jpg

"Teacher keeps asking me to turn in my essay, but I ain't no snitch, vato!"

a couple of scenes with cruzito and paco actually made me cry so yes i absolutely agree - these two can absolutely act.
yea its just a shame their acting was overshadowed by the horrible yet over the top laughable acting from Popeye and Miklo. People never realized how great the acting was between Cruzito and Paco because people enjoyed laughing at the lines from popeye and big al.

Back