Movies BLADE (Paused Due to Writers Strike, post #300)

I get recasting the part if they are going to include Blade in the MCU with multiple movies. Snipes can still play the role but not for very long.

Muthafucka
tumblr_owv5ucdYJP1uijsn1o1_400.gif

you are a blade rookie if you think that.
I liked blade to aswell, loved Donnie Yen, liked the wolfpack storyline and that the movie had better effects, I also like blade 1 but I found the visuals amateurish. Although Stephen Dorf nailed it. I like ALi also but didnt know he was that old.

i too enjoyed blade 2 more than 1. donnie yen choreographed fight scenes with snipes? cmooooonnnnn

Blade 2 > Blade > Blade 3

Trinity.......basically Ryan Reynolds laying the groundwork to his becoming Deadpool.

This is great can't wait for this. Not worried about his physique or action star acting. That shits easy for hollywood to take care of.

All those dogging him on his age. Idris Elba is 46 and is playing Black Superman in Hobbs and Shaw. Ali is gonna be fine with that Marvel Movie Magic.

Anybody remeber the short lived Blade Tv series, with a different guy than snipes as blade?

Didn’t think so, it wasn’t memorable and the actor never fit the role.

Snipes is blade, just fucking use him again. He can’t be too busy lol

I really enjoyed that series.

Went in with pretty low expectations but was pleasantly surprised.

I really enjoyed that series.

Went in with pretty low expectations but was pleasantly surprised.
I enjoyed it for what it was, and over time “sort of “ got used to the other actor as blade but he never felt like blade.

I suppose the writers could somewhat be to blame as well on that though.

But the point was it never gained any traction and most say it’s because it wasn’t “blade”

Wait, so BLADE is going to be a black guy now??? This shit is just getting ridiculous. #NotMyBlade

Lol.

And they should have just used Wesley Snipes again. Could have gotten him dirt cheap. I know he needs the money.

Update: February 5, 2021

Marvel Studios' BLADE Movie Finds Its Writer in Watchmen Scribe Stacy Osei-Kuffour

Marvel Studios’ Blade, the Vampire Slayer feature has found its writer. Stacy Osei-Kuffour, a playwright who acted as story editor and writer on acclaimed limited series, Watchmen, has been tapped to pen the script for the feature project that reboots Marvel’s vampire hunting hero.

Mahershala Ali, who won an Oscar for his performance in Green Book, is attached to star as the horror hero. Ali's involvement and the fact that Marvel was contemplating a new incarnation of the character after a string of movies in the early 2000s were revealed at Marvel’s senses-shattering presentation at 2019’s San Diego Comic-Con.

Marvel has spent the last six months meeting with writers in what was described as a meticulous search with which Ali was directly involved. Only Black writers were seriously considered, a reflection of Marvel's focus on diversity and making representation a key factor. It's also a reflection of how representation, at least at Disney and Marvel, is of high importance when tackling non-white characters. David Goyer wrote the three original Blade movies from New Line that were released between 1998 and 2004 and that starred Wesley Snipes.

And Osei-Kuffour's hiring does break a barrier as she now becomes the first Black female writer to pen a Marvel movie. (Nia DaCosta, working on Captain Marvel 2, is Marvel's first Black woman director.)

Marvel will next move to hiring a director who will work with Osei-Kuffour.

Osei-Kuffour is a fast-rising screenwriter who worked on Pen15, which earned her an Emmy-nomination for outstanding writing in a comedy series. But it was being part of the writing team on Watchmen, HBO’s heady spin on the Alan Moore-Dave Gibbons comic, that got her noticed, as well as a WGA Award win for best series.

She also served as a story editor on Hunters, Amazon’s blood-soaked limited series that saw Al Pacino and Lorgan Lerman as Nazi Hunters in 1970s America. Osei-Kuffour also worked on HBO crime thriller, Run, that starred Domnhall Gleeson.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...finds-its-writer-in-watchmen-scribe-exclusive

Marvel Studios Announces New BLADE Movie Starring Mahershala Ali

Today at San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Marvel Studios took to the stage in Hall H to reveal the upcoming movies and TV shows from the studio – including the next chapter of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and what’s planned for Disney+.

Following presentation for Marvel Studios' Black Widow, Feige had another big surprise up his sleeve for the enthusiastic Hall H crowd. He was joined on stage by actor Mahershala Ali and then announced the new Marvel Studios feature film Blade that Ali will star in.

20190721014453_642796.jpg
My man is in his late 40s. This has always seemed an odd choice to me.

Ali is a great actor imo, been impressed with everything i've seen him in.. As an actor I think he shits all over Snipes to be honest, though Snipes has done some iconic shit.
tumblr_pn59vtS8nR1qgojgxo2_540.gif

Last edited:
Back