Movies BLADE (Paused Due to Writers Strike, post #300)

Is Ali a martial artist like Snipes or White?

What have you seen him in?

Idk how you could have watched True Detective and not think he's better than Evans, Scarlet, etc.
True Detectives S3 sucked really bad imo. I blame the script for that though. He's never been bad in anything I've seen him, but he's crazy overrated and miscast as Blade, imo.

I don't know Ali has the same charisma and energy that Snipes brings on screen. It'll be a different kind of Blade for sure.

Marvel phase 4 & 5 needs the following characters (just my opinions):

Hero:
Fantastic 4 with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt as Mr Fantastic and Invisible Woman

Captain Britain by Luke Evans or Fassbender

Blade by Mahershala Ali or John David Washington

Called it!

I don't know Ali has the same charisma and energy that Snipes brings on screen. It'll be a different kind of Blade for sure.
Ali doesn't scream action star like Snipes but he was great in the gay pianist. I think he will bring more of a troubled dimension to the blade character, imo

Wasn’t impressed by his Battle Angel performance.

This movie will suck ass.

The guy is not intimidating.

Lol they will make this pg 13 and put in quirks every 5 seconds,this is marvel

Dont even dream about this

Will give it a chance.

Not gonna lie, was hoping we'd see old man Snipes back in the role to eventually be killed off and possibly pass on the mantle.

I think Ali can pull this off really well.

Ali was one of the few good things about House of Cards season 3 and Luke Cage. I think he'll nail the role if given a good enough scrip(and gets some serious gym time in):cool:

Marvel Studios Announces New BLADE Movie Starring Mahershala Ali

20190721014453_642796.jpg

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Maher...-18&sk=&cvid=0FE3F94C295C474BA8C3DC8A5B795A99

He's 45 years old now, which is the same age as Steven Dorf, the villain of the original Blade 1998 movie.

Had no idea Steven Dorf was that freakin young when he filmed it in 1997. Always wondered why his career never took off.

Anyway, this new guy playing Blade is old as fuck.

Should be interesting but the OG blade movies have a special place in my heart

Oh, and its worth mentioning that Ali is now four years older than Snipes was during his last performance as Blade, filming Blade Trinity.

Had to check if Michael Jai White hadn't aged over night, but this is MJW 2019

94a1bd0620aa6232b48a6965d08721c7.jpg

That's my Blade.

Last edited:
Back