Black belt Jones...will this be a better Jones?

777R

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I have met many guys who's religion is is Jiu-Jitsu.

Will a more grappling savvy Jon Jones that has Jiu-Jitsu as his new high be a better fighter/person?

Not that he would receive a black belt during his suspension, but with his grappling much more advanced and he already submitted Vitor with only one good arm and crucifixed Vladimir, North-South choked Bader then gave Machida a living death style standing guillotine...can Jiu-Jitsu convert Jones from reckless to disciplined?

Also, couldn't resist the "Black belt Jones" reference...RIP Jim Kelly.

Black Belt Jones would have been GOAT with six months of sprawl training.

1603989-black_belt_jones.jpg

I have met many guys who's religion is is Jiu-Jitsu.

Will a more grappling savvy Jon Jones that has Jiu-Jitsu as his new high be a better fighter/person?

Not that he would receive a black belt during his suspension, but with his grappling much more advanced and he already submitted Vitor with only one good arm and crucifixed Vladimir, North-South choked Bader then gave Machida a living death style standing guillotine...can Jiu-Jitsu convert Jones from reckless to disciplined?

Also, couldn't resist the "Black belt Jones" reference...RIP Jim Kelly.

None of those feats are advanced jiu jitsu. In fact theyre all extremely basic and strength based or a result of his freakish physical dimensions. He wont be anywhere near black belt in a year.

Jones doesn't get in positions where BJJ would bring him that much more. He's about controlling top position and getting those elbows in. Working for subs means giving other aspects of his game.

So yes his focus on BJJ brings him more tools, but I don't really expect to see it back in the cage. I still expect a wrestling based ground game focussing on controlling position.

Won't make up for the lack of every PED under the sun. USADA Jones is a bum that struggled with OSP, Rumble gonna take his head clean off.

Won't make up for the lack of every PED under the sun. USADA Jones is a bum that struggled with OSP, Rumble gonna take his head clean off.

Did you hear Jones say that he wanted to use the OSP fight to get some quality real fight rounds in? Skinny leg did break a recent Division 1 football player's arm. Was never in trouble with OSP I thought.

Lol what? And why couldn't he get s black belt while suspended?

That's fair!

PS, I never go full retard.

You just did by insinuating grappling willmake jJones a better person and equating it with bullshit religious effect.

I call that going full retard. Come back to being a half retard if you want me to make the UFC great again.

Jones doesn't get in positions where BJJ would bring him that much more. He's about controlling top position and getting those elbows in. Working for subs means giving other aspects of his game.

So yes his focus on BJJ brings him more tools, but I don't really expect to see it back in the cage. I still expect a wrestling based ground game focussing on controlling position.

Wonder if he will be doing the arm bars instead of fighting them off. I think he is the type to take a sub that comes his way, I don't think he would spend a very long time hunting one down.

Agreed...elbows right away when there is an opening.

You just did by insinuating grappling willmake jJones a better person and equating it with bullshit religious effect.

I call that going full retard. Come back to being a half retard if you want me to make the UFC great again.

Simmer down Champ. Don't get emotional this early in the day.

Was a question not a statement. Right?

Lol what? And why couldn't he get s black belt while suspended?

Thought it would not be enough time, but I don't know...that guy seems to advance in mma at a different speed than most.

He didn't north south choke bader, so your entire post is invalid

edit:but I here rousimar palhares was violent, even malicious, before bjj. now he's such a gentle little tree stump. wouldn't hurt a fly

Last edited:
Simmer down Champ. Don't get emotional this early in the day.

Was a question not a statement. Right?

I sense that you feel humiliated. It might be a promising sign that you are on your way to recover to half retard. I doubt it though.

Back