bjorn: Eddie can still ask for third fight with Chandler

bjdiaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think that's a bit chicken shit and really undermines will Brookes accomplishments as very very few people thought he would beat Chandler. This is worse than currans immediate rematch.

If they're not going to give the interim champ the next crack at the title they should've never made this an interim title fight. There's no way they would've said,"well Eddie can demand the will Brookes fight if he wants" if Chandler would've won. I like either fight but give Brookes what he earned and book the fight

Source:Rebney: Alvarez can still demand rubber match with Chandler
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/new...z-can-still-demand-rubber-match-with-Chandler

Alvarez vs Chandler 3 (Main title, contracted fight)
VS
Brooks vs Jansen (Interm title, Jansen contracted title fight)

Unification tournament. Moves the division along so Eddie doesn't have 4 people in line when he returns, Jansen isn't shelved for a year without a fight and gets his title shot as contracted, Brooks and Chandler both get fights and aren't shelved waiting for a winner, and Held/Pitbull aren't on the shelf for a year+ after they fight...

The only people who could be upset about this are whiney haters who want to point out technicalities as though they are more important than the fights, fighters, fans or end results....

Rebney played it wrong he should have said Chandler vs Alvarez faces Brooks. Now it looks like he downplays his own fighters. It's alright nobody is perfect.

VS

Unification tournament. Moves the division along so Eddie doesn't have 4 people in line when he returns, Jansen isn't shelved for a year without a fight and gets his title shot as contracted, Brooks and Chandler both get fights and aren't shelved waiting for a winner, and Held/Pitbull aren't on the shelf for a year+ after they fight...

The only people who could be upset about this are whiney haters who want to point out technicalities as though they are more important than the fights, fighters, fans or end results....
So Chandler/Alvarez 3 is in eddies contract?
And he's only got 1 fight left, well then Brookes is pretty much fucked. Let's say Chandler beats Eddie, Eddie still leaves Brookes beats Jansen, will had to beat Chandler for the title he already beat him for. Sucks for him he's getting the shaft on this deal

VS

you took my idea

Michael Chandler deserves an immediate rematch but Eddie Alvarez should be fighting Will Brooks as that's the fight that needs to happen. If Will Brooks wins, Chandler should fight him and Alvarez goes back into the tournament. If Alvarez wins, Brooks fights Chandler and the loser goes back into the tournament. I think that's fair.

Considering i thought Chandler won the fight, why the fuck not? I guess if Eddie feels Chandler won the fight as well...go for it.

I'm not about to complain if they set up EA-MC III...nothing from last night changed a clearly unsettled rivalry and it does not change that they tear the fuckin house down.

EA-Brooks is good as well..and hell, it might be good to have Brooks unscathed and holding gold should Eddie beat Chandler "again" and bounce

So Chandler/Alvarez 3 is in eddies contract?
And he's only got 1 fight left, well then Brookes is pretty much fucked. Let's say Chandler beats Eddie, Eddie still leaves Brookes beats Jansen, will had to beat Chandler for the title he already beat him for. Sucks for him he's getting the shaft on this deal

Brooks gets/got:

a) a title shot and title he never expected 2 weeks ago..

b) another fight, so he can get paid and doesnt have to wait on the contracted Chandler vs Alvarez winner...

c) a high profile rematch with Chandler, or an even higher profile match with Alvarez if he were to win and choose to sign for 1 more fight on PPV...

I dont think Brooks is going to feel like he is getting the shaft...

Dont see how they can sell screwing over Brooks, it will be a joke if they do that.

I mean if that was your goal all along why even keep Chandler on the card? Why do that fight if you just ignore the results?

Anything besides Eddie vs Brooks, or Eddie vs Jansen and Brooks is the next, is a travesty.

It's not like Bellator puts their champions to fight everytime, so, no one will care.

Alvarez vs. Brooks to unify the title.
the loser fights Chandler.
then the winner (loser vs Chandler) fights the current champ.

I know it fucks the whole tournament format, but if they really to sell fights I think that's the best way to do it, and it would be fair for all.

Eddie vs Chandler 3
Brooks vs Jansen

If Eddie wins, then Brooks vs Jansen is for the real title.
If Chandler wins he either rematches Brooks or faces Jansen.

so their mw champ got exposed as someone who can beat journeyman level fights only. and has no wrestling (even if he did fight someone above his weight class, tito is nearly 40 and had 1 win since 2006). their main event was one of the most boring fights in recent ppv history, and the lw division is screwed up. and all this on one card? plus the extremely slow and to many promos ppv? not good at all

Doesn't Alvarez only have 1 fight left? I would be surprised if he chose the Chandler rematch. It's the tougher fight. A loss could cost him a lot of money.

so their mw champ got exposed as someone who can beat journeyman level fights only. and has no wrestling (even if he did fight someone above his weight class, tito is nearly 40 and had 1 win since 2006). their main event was one of the most boring fights in recent ppv history, and the lw division is screwed up. and all this on one card? plus the extremely slow and to many promos ppv? not good at all

I think most people enjoyed the card a lot who actually watched, the spacing between fights was too long though.

Tito got to give a hell of a speech and it was fun for a lot of people. Storm will just have to make sure he never fights above 185 again.

Main Event was ok, King Mo's reaction was highly entertaining. Rampage vs Newton & King Mo vs Tito are both doable now.

Chandler is still going to have fans like myself and they just legitimized a new superstar to the division, if Eddie is bailing after his next fight, they needed someone to step up and Brooks did just that.

Throw in Brooks getting people interested in his future fights and they have a rematch for a heavyweight title in which I think Volkov wins and sets up a 3rd rubber match. This will give them time to find a legit challenger at heavyweight, because as of right now, it's not real interesting of a weight class aside from the top 4.

Eddie vs Chandler 3
Brooks vs Jansen

If Eddie wins, then Brooks vs Jansen is for the real title.
If Chandler wins he either rematches Brooks or faces Jansen.
Screw that shit. Unify the belts should be Priority. But I have little doubt Bellator will at least attempt this scenario. They will probably claim Eddie hasn't recovered from his concussion. Then they make Jansen Vs Brooks in August. The week after Eddie will be ready but Brooks somehow won't be so they will schedule Eddie Chandler 3.

Screw that shit. Unify the belts should be Priority. But I have little doubt Bellator will at least attempt this scenario. They will probably claim Eddie hasn't recovered from his concussion. Then they make Jansen Vs Brooks in August. The week after Eddie will be ready but Brooks somehow won't be so they will schedule Eddie Chandler 3.

I don't mind whatever they pick, I don't think there is a right way to do it at this point. If Alvarez beats Brooks and leaves, then you're stuck in the same mess as you were before hand. Then you have him losing his "interim title" and the winner of Jansen and Chandler (or do you even have those two fight, or just have Jansen sit out for a long time?) fight for the real title afterwards?

Now if Eddie beats Chandler, it's not that big of a deal, as they'll already have a title holder in Brooks and a challenger set up for him. It's a bit of potential damage control in case their champ leaves.

I don't mind whatever they pick, I don't think there is a right way to do it at this point. If Alvarez beats Brooks and leaves, then you're stuck in the same mess as you were before hand. Then you have him losing his "interim title" and the winner of Jansen and Chandler (or do you even have those two fight, or just have Jansen sit out for a long time?) fight for the real title afterwards?

Now if Eddie beats Chandler, it's not that big of a deal, as they'll already have a title holder in Brooks and a challenger set up for him. It's a bit of potential damage control in case their champ leaves.
If Eddie beats Brooks and vacates you do the Best Tournament you can. It will be a tournament with a point. You Put Chandler, Jansen, Brooks, and the winner of Held vs Pitbull for a really good 4 man. You could even add in 4 more of their top LWs, Sarnovsky, Sass, Maybe Rickles and loser of Pitbull vs Held something a long those lines.

If Eddie beats Brooks and vacates you do the Best Tournament you can. It will be a tournament with a point. You Put Chandler, Jansen, Brooks, and the winner of Held vs Pitbull for a really good 4 man. You could even add in 4 more of their top LWs, Sarnovsky, Sass, Maybe Rickles and loser of Pitbull vs Held something a long those lines.

I don't mind this but it would screw over Jansen (even more so) pretty big if he had to re-win a tournament.

Back