BJJHQ & 93 Brand are the WORST

KikoJones

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I used to think that BJJHQ was a cool setup. They'd sell articles for a limited time at a seemingly low price.
I've bought Gis, Rashguards, Shorts and accessories all the time. A number of times they'd have a few hiccups and delivery was delayed. That's ok, I thought. Well, its become standard practice now.
Not long ago I ordered the Hyperfly Procomp bag. According to the order tracking, they received the order and the next day created the shipping label. Cool, I should get it in 3-5 days once it hits the Post Office. 10 days pass and no change to the status. Despite me emailing their "Customer Service". All I get is their robo-email, "your email is important" bullshit. 5 days later, I find out, they hadn't even shipped the bag. I swore I'd never buy from them again.
A few weeks ago I'm looking for a GI for the daughter of a friend. I find that 93 Brand has Gi's cut for the Females and despite my better judgement, order it from 93 Brand. Maybe they got their shit together. BTW, 93 Brand and BJJHQ are run by the same incompetent idiots. It's been 20 days now and haven't received shit. Been corresponding with a "Kristian Lujan" and getting the "hey, we know you're disappointed in us but" excuse #1, exucse #2, but now they've gone dark. We'll do this or we'll do that but NOTHING.

Guys, save yourself a huge headache and absolutely steer away from these guys. I could have ordered a Gi from China or Pakistan and it would have been here by now.

Now to pry by money from them. Fucking ridiculous.

I love BJJ HQ. I've had two delivery issues with them and both times they made good. One of the times it was likely it wasn't their fault but that of the Postal Service but they resent me my bag and didn't charge for the bag or shipping.

I've had few issues with 93brand but when I contacted them they were responsive and resolved the issue eventually. One time I tried to buy a Hooks gi and after several days of no shipping info I contacted them and apparently they didn't have my size and there were issues with the factory or something idk but either way it was lame that I had to contact them and not the other way around. BUT they did end up upgrading my gi to one of their higher end ones.

I've ordered numerous things from BJJHQ and 93brand stuff from there and I would say for the most part they are really good but when they have those weird factory or whatever issue you have to contact them and it's definitely a bit frustrating

I have like ten 93 Brand items I’ve purchased from BJJHQ.

Never had an issue.

I find that shipping from BJJHQ can be extremely spotty- sometimes it is lightning quick and other times it takes weeks.. emailing them results in a mixed experience - sometimes they answer, sometimes they don’t

I have never had an issue with something not showing up

If it’s a good deal and I’m not in a hurry, I’ll take a shot..

My standards are somewhat low with BJJ because of BJJ Fanatics, where the only thing that gets them to ship is a PayPal dispute

I've had nothing but amazing experiences with 93 Brand and BJJHQ over the years. I've ordered dozens of items from them and most came sooner than expected. One time, a package was supposedly delivered, but I never got it. I contacted BJJHQ and they sent out another one.

I used to order a ton of products from BJJHQ and never had any issues. The last time I tried to get a gi I had the same issue that you did, Kiko. I got a shipping label was created email and then I was never able to track the package. I live in NYC and they ship from NY so I usually get products quickly. A week went by and nothing. I emailed their customer support and they replied give it a few more days. I waited a few more days wrote back and then they said they would ship something out again. At that point they did not have my size for the gi and issued a refund. However, they did reply to my emails in a timely manner, unlike BJJ Fanatics. I think BJJHQ has gotten too popular over the years and they just can't do as good of a job as they did over 5 years ago.

I totally get that you're frustrated but calling them names isn't going to endear us to your plight or help you get your stuff any faster.

we're still at the tail end of Christmas buying/exchange season and there was also a month-long temper tantrum that affected the government's ability to ship things around quickly.

people fuck up. this whole culture of online brigading anytime we're inconvenienced has to stop.

if you were brigading fanatics It'd be one thing, they've shown themselves to be consistently terrible and wholly deserving of every bad word said about them.

HQ could be better, and you don't have to shop there anymore, but unless they're blatantly ripping you off for refusing to help you I think that hopping on one of the bigger grappling forums online and trying to drag then through the mud is petty, at best.

I totally get that you're frustrated but calling them names isn't going to endear us to your plight or help you get your stuff any faster.

we're still at the tail end of Christmas buying/exchange season and there was also a month-long temper tantrum that affected the government's ability to ship things around quickly.

people fuck up. this whole culture of online brigading anytime we're inconvenienced has to stop.

if you were brigading fanatics It'd be one thing, they've shown themselves to be consistently terrible and wholly deserving of every bad word said about them.

HQ could be better, and you don't have to shop there anymore, but unless they're blatantly ripping you off for refusing to help you I think that hopping on one of the bigger grappling forums online and trying to drag then through the mud is petty, at best.
I respectfully disagree. I call it like I experience it. I'm glad that others have had better experiences than I but I'm relating my opinion. The way they have handled my orders have been atrocious and their communication dismal. It doesn't take 3 days to get back to a customer, especially if you've been dealing with them for weeks.
Additionally, the government shut down has NOTHING to do with the postal service because they're funded independently.
Thank you but I was aware that I have shopping options and will be exercising them. Not really sure why you get to determine the criteria I use to describe the service I received and how I communicate it.

I'm sharing my experience and opinion as well as warning, "buyer beware".

the shutdown staffing problems caused air and freight delays, but okay.

Back