BJJ vs KUNG FU 2005

Gsoares**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well i went to the US Open in Orland, FL last weekend. It was a big karate and TKD thing though, it was said to be a jiu jitsu tournament also but there was hardly anyone there.

I got there and to my surprise 75% of the people there were from my school! people were pissed they paid 50$ to roll with the same guys they roll with at class every day. It was a couple of white belts mostly blue belts and 1 purple belt. To make a long story short. They made it an absolute division and let the purple come into the blues division. No weight classes. Purple came out on top mostly winning with leg locks because the blues just wearnt used to training for them. Not to take away from the purple... he was very good, small guy from north carolina. Good game.

Anyways at the end of the tournament after the purple won, a Black belt in kung fu comes over and asks "Since there is no super fight, ill fight the purple belt for an exhibition" The purple said fine and that was that. We waited around for 30 mins or so waiting for it to happen.
Kung fu guy asked if he was aloud to gouge at his eyes... haha which they declined.. It was a sanctioned tournament, no gloves? no punching. Kung fu guy agreed to the rules and i have no idea what his game plan was but they fought with no strikes.

The purple was out weighed by atleast 70 lbs and was shorter by atleast 6 inches. He shot in right away for the double leg, but the kung fu guy defended sorta... KF didnt go down just yet... they staggered around a little bit untill the purple landed a clean throw.. O goshi with leg extended to prevent him from stepping around. Forgot what its called. After that purple moved for the triangle but for some reason didnt sink it and transitioned to an armbar and finished the black belt like cake.

The fight lasted 1 minute 20 seconds. I thought it was so funny because everyone at the Jiu Jitsu mat was quiet the whole tournament but during this fight every time the purple made a move they Cheered so loudly for him. Screamed when he threw him, and screamed lowder when he armbarred him.. No one was cheering for KF

The KF guy lost badly he had a smug look on his face and left the mat... He seriously had no chance.. it was sad because he came over SO COCKY.. I think he really thought he was going to dominate this little purple belt.

I video taped the whole thing and will try to get the video up one day if i can get it from my friend.

another bjj wins story... sorry long and typos out the ass. Im about to go to sleep. post questions if you want.

like you said, without strikes, what was he thinking was going to happen? the dude must have been a shrewd negotiator though, he ask for eye gouges and ended up not even being able to strike...

zhoo zhit soo wins again , that kung fu guy is a doosh, hes lucky he didnt do that in a mostly brazilian tourny , they dont like getting called out like that, and will always teach a lesson to the guy that does, i think this asshole got off lucky.

Somebody already posted the video. I think it was a few pages back. He posted a couple videos of himself grappling with another guy.

Damn, wish I was there! It would have been funny to see that kung fu guys face after he loss.

Someone fancy linking to the video?

It does seem a bit silly that the KF guy agreed to fight without strikes (not that I think he'd have done any better under Vale Tudo rules againsed BJJ).

Some strange choices.

I got told that a Shaolin master can defeat anybody, regardless of style, even Chuck Liddel. What's with these Crouching tiger freaks? The only Shaolin I'd bet on to win against a man from any style is Vitor Shaolin Ribeiro, word up!

Gsoares said:
O goshi with leg extended to prevent him from stepping around. Forgot what its called.

I believe that throw was harai goshi (sweeping hip throw). That is one of my favorite throws as well.

That purple belt completely dominated the kung fu guy. I am not sure what the kung fu man was thinking. Maybe he figured that he would get crushed and just wanted to roll for the experience. I hope he did not seriously believe he had a shot at winning.

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
KF guy would've been pwned even with strikes
no way man come on, that guy was way too small. when he shot in the kf guy couldve kneed the shit out of him. thank god they agreed to no strikes, he would brag to his kf friends on how much bjj sucks.

Soid said:
no way man come on, that guy was way too small. when he shot in the kf guy couldve kneed the shit out of him. thank god they agreed to no strikes, he would brag to his kf friends on how much bjj sucks.

That is assuming the guy would have used the same stratergy under vale tudo rules, i'd guess most BJJ purple belts would know not to shoot in on someone such bigger than themself right away when strikes are legal.

If it was all about size Akebono would have taken Royce.

Even the KF guy was allowed all his shit strikes wise, it would have been Royce Gracie vs Jason Delucia

Good deal, Jorge already had them posted. he is fromt he same school but i only had met him there for the first time. I video taped his fight against butch...

Back