BJJ schools near overland park,ks

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by mmafraud**, May 24, 2008.

1. mmafraud**

mmafraud** Banned Banned

I want to take bjj classes I was taking classes a couple years ago at a place in lenexa but they closed. I went to crawfords for awhile but dont like how they just focus on fighters I just want bjj and not the whole MMA cage fighter mentality. Anyone know of any good schools in BJJ? Thanks

2. FA220

FA220 White Belt

Title Boxing Club has bjj classes, I think there's a BTT school somewhere in Lenexa. You might try Welcome Mat Judo Club as well, they're a good school and train on the ground a lot.

3. mmafraud**

mmafraud** Banned Banned

bumpity bump

4. mmafraud**

mmafraud** Banned Banned

where in lenexa is there a BTT school

5. mmafraud**

mmafraud** Banned Banned

6. ICS039

ICS039 Orange Belt

I live in the KC area and as far as I know, the BTT school has been closed for a while.

I do know some places to avoid are Trinity Martial Arts and Dragon Family Martial Arts.

Both of those schools are pretty McDojo and a lot of the guys who train there are meat heads.

7. mmafraud**

mmafraud** Banned Banned

Yeah in my first post the place in lenexa I was talking about was in the Krav Maga studio that I have seen many people on this forum talk about it being BTT. That is false this was never BTT it was taught by a brown belt name Jason Bertcher who now has a school in KC,MO

8. Franjais300

Franjais300 White Belt

I practice BJJ at 127th and Antioch Rd, at the "Martial Arts Institute" in Overland Park. BJJ classes are Wed and Fri at 8pm. The teacher is a purple belt under Leonardo Pecanha, whom frequents KS for workshops and when he's fighting in the USA.

I also do BJJ occassionally under a Black Belt, but it's out of this guy's basement in OP. He has a decent set up, really everything you need, but it's a bit more expensive and I'd feel weird posting his address on a forum...let me know if you're interested in either or just stop by any Wed/Fri.