BJJ Regulations

cvines

White Belt
Reaction score
I am new to bjj and know very little about tournaments and stuff like that. The other night during my class ai heard my instructor and some other guys talking about the moves that you you were allowed to do in tournaments depending on your belt ranking. I didn't get a chance to ask him about it so ai tried to google it just now and couldn't find anything. So does anybody know of a link that I could go to to find these regulations?

IBJJF rules

Techniques allowed
technique_legality.png

What's so bad thing with Bicep Slicers that they are illeagle until Brown belt? I use them often in training and I haven't noticed anything that could cause injury in them. Doesn't it have the same dangers as straight footlock? So it is basically a pain lock, but if the other guy doesn't tap, it may f***k up something with high power. There is lot of time to tap tho.

What's so bad thing with Bicep Slicers that they are illeagle until Brown belt? I use them often in training and I haven't noticed anything that could cause injury in them. Doesn't it have the same dangers as straight footlock? So it is basically a pain lock, but if the other guy doesn't tap, it may f***k up something with high power. There is lot of time to tap tho.

no a slicer isn't a "pain lock" it snapps the bones in your arm in half. And are you saying that the foot lock is a pain submission? Because it definately isn't

I thought wrist locks were illegal until purple... this could be good news for me.

Well like I said it can break something from you if it is done with high power. I just have tought there is lot of time to tap before it happens. I have seen it as (or less) dangerous submission as an armbar. Bicep slicer maby snaps the bones easier than I have tought then.

Back