bjj on ESPN.com

I bet he is extremely hard to deal with, all that natural athletic ability coupled with technique.

Anyone remember him beating the hell out of Stephen Davis on camera back in the day?? It was a big deal and you could tell he had the scraps back then. Good to see him taking the sport seriously unlike, say, Johnny Morton. With that athleticism and some smart, hard work he'll be a force.

Did anyone else roll their eyes when the article used the phrase "Ultimate Fighting" instead of mixed martial arts? I sure did.

Did anyone else roll their eyes when the article used the phrase "Ultimate Fighting" instead of mixed martial arts? I sure did.

i almost did, but it's still one of the better bjj focused articles from a mainstream sports source

I rolled mine at the spelling "Brazilian jujitsu"

i almost did, but it's still one of the better bjj focused articles from a mainstream sports source

I think it would be more accurate to say it's one of the only bjj focused articles from a mainstream sports source. Besides which it's a football writer doing an article about Jiu Jitsu, so the accuracy of terminology in the mma references is hardly the point of the piece.

Good read except for the "Ultimate Fighting" refrence and the implication that MMA is a violent sport.

i think they know the difference in the article - they used the term mma. i think they were referring to ultimate fighting just as people training specifically to fight in the UFC

As a Redskins season ticket holder, I still absolutely hate the guy.

Good read except for the "Ultimate Fighting" refrence and the implication that MMA is a violent sport.

MMA IS a violent sport. So is boxing, and so is (and IMO the MOST violent) NFL football. Dont fool yourself into thinking the word "violent" is bad.

Westbrook is an animal on the mat. I think I have a video of Him and my friend rolling at mundials. I think michael said it was the first time his been tapped in Comp. I have a lot of respect for his attitude and drive. Wish him the best

Back