BJJ instructor in Houston?

ssullivan80

see....what had happened was
@Brown
Reaction score
I currently have a ridiculous schedule with work and trying to join a BJJ gym will not be possible for the next several months due to all my travel and work. However, I am looking for an instructor or coach who provides private lessons (on Sunday would be best) to help me work on my BJJ and give me some things to practice during my travel.

Obviously, it would be good to join a gym, wont be an option for several months due to time constraint. I have a solid Muay Thai and Boxing background and have a fundamental understanding of BJJ. I trained with alot of guys who have BJJ experience, but never with a truly qualified instructor. Probably has resulted in some bad habits. Any advice on who you would recomend? or if I should just wait to join a gym?

to be honest I didnt even really read his post I just really couldnt be bothered.

elite martial arts academy on westheimer has a head instructor (eric) there that won the mundials

Definitive Martial Arts/Team Tooke, north Houston near the beltway and Bammel N. Houston. Travis Tooke is a Gracie Barra black belt. He does privates on the weekends I believe.

Definitive Martial Arts/Team Tooke, north Houston near the beltway and Bammel N. Houston. Travis Tooke is a Gracie Barra black belt. He does privates on the weekends I believe.

i used to live right around there. didnt know there was a bjj school up there now, awesome

He said something about pottery classes or dianetics I don't remember.

No...No...No.... Pottery is for pussies and dianetics for rehab dropouts. I am looking for a good blend of jazzercise and kabbalah..... I live near downtown, could you be of assistance?

Check on www.txmma.com There are quite a few good schools in Houston, so there should be one convienient to your area and/or schedule.

Travis Tooke is an awesome grappler. I'd definitely take private lessons from him. I don't know if money is a concern for you but most high level grapplers are expensive for private lessons.

If you're still new to the sport, I would take lessons from lesser known instructors to get the basics down. Once you know what you have to do in each you can take lessons from a prominent instructor and pick up some tricks from him.

Back