BJJ in Qingdao

waiguoren

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just a notice that I'm trying to start a BJJ club in Qingdao, China. PM me or reply to this post if you're interested.

I know this is a bit old, but what is the current status on this? I have some job opportunities there, and having this would be a great incentive to move

That is awesome, best of luck to you. Let us know how it goes. I hope to start a BJJ club in China someday as well.

Bunch of laowai in here. I'm in Shandong too, I'm down to meet up at some point.

you should really concentrate on your beer game while you're there as well.

I know this is a bit old, but what is the current status on this? I have some job opportunities there, and having this would be a great incentive to move

As far as I can tell, it never took off. The bjj scene is pretty much dead outside of Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.

There's some random mma clubs around but they are pretty low level, some of them have pretty high level guys as instructors by they are generally horrible teachers.

We're going to be trying to do the same thing here in this neck of the woods too.

you should really concentrate on your beer game while you're there as well.

Sorry, I don't drink. But I will buy you beer if you come from Shanghai to train with me.

Have you been to Les Bains-Douches in old Qingdao? I love that bar. Where were you able to get mats? Good luck with the club. I found the martial arts scene in Qingdao to be really lacking, but this was almost ten years ago.

Hey I will be interested in training bjj if you open a gym up in Qingdao!

Hey...I'm in Laixi, Qingdao...about an hour northwest of the city. did you ever open your school? I'd be interested in checking it out. I studied with the Gracie's in Torrance years ago. I hope to hear from you. Take care

HI...since there is no BJJ school in chongqing, is there any black or brown belt want to open bjj school in chongqing

Hey everyone,

Just a notice that I'm trying to start a BJJ club in Qingdao, China. PM me or reply to this post if you're interested.

Was visiting Qingdao 2 years ago, pretty chilled city.

I will visit if I come by again for sure.

Keep trainin'

Bit of a necro, but thought I should post anyway in case anyone is still interested in training Jiu-Jitsu in Qingdao...

Found a new place that will be opening soon. It's an academy which is rare here in China - most places you'll find Jiu-jitsu are MMA gyms.

The website is still under construction but from the looks of things it will be a Gracie Academy CTC - I just hope it isn't being run by an internet Blue Belt haha...

Just waiting to here back from them about when they will open etc.

www.jiujitsuqingdao.com

Back