bjj in korea

ozyabbas

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I remember finding it extremely difficult to find a bjj gym in Korea at first. A really good one in Apgujeung has moved slightly further down the street. The details can be found on this website

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=117720&sid=20ec1f5dd10c7b13b4119c3f576edad8

I thoroughly recommend this gym, top notch training with excellent instructors, lots of room, excellent training partners, people there to translate from Korean to English (although the main black belt and another brown belt instructor are Americans who teach in both languages).

If anyone needs any more information, messege me and I will pass on the details.

Cheers

there's an MMA in Korea sticky thread in the contender's forum with a shit ton of info also

Also blanko, the guy who posted on the forum in your link, is an avid poster here as well.

korea is in Japan right?

lol, if you said that Korea was part of Japan in any public place, you would be skinned alive. The memories of how the Japanese behaved when they came to Korea is certainly not forgotten. The kids hwere (due to their text books and grandparents) and the older Koreans despise Japan. I think there is also some point of contention over the soverinty of some island. Although they don't normally have a problem with Japanese people on a one to one level. Its actually a very popular holiday destination for many Koreans.

Saying Taiwan should be independent usually really irritates Chinese people. Chinese people seemed pretty pissed at the Japanese as well, and the Chinese government kinda fuels those sentiments.

The kids here (due to their text books and grandparents) and the older Koreans despise Japan.

Chinese people seemed pretty pissed at the Japanese as well, and the Chinese government kinda fuels those sentiments.

That's because everyone knows Japan is clearly superior in every way.

13.jpg

Your right there. The things keeping me in Korea are my fiancee, the easy work, the jiu jitsu and the people who train with me here.

Most people who train with me in Korea are cool but blanko tries to do the lamest English accent you will ever hear.

Just thought I'd hop in on this. I checked out John Frankl's Apgujeong location for the first time last month, thought it was great. I'll be starting up in May. I used to train in So Cal, but have been out of the game for 4 years!!!!!! way too long! Anyways, do any of you guys train there regularly? Also, how often do tournies, both gi and no gi, happen in Korea?
Thanks!!

the new gym:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iPgjtngSMKk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iPgjtngSMKk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ozzyabbas and i train there. Yes there are both gi and no gi tourneys... IIRC there will be one in may.

aye Blanko

im going to need the hookup when i get out there i want to try a few gyms out there, around the july timeframe

any help? Por Favor

aye Blanko

im going to need the hookup when i get out there i want to try a few gyms out there, around the july timeframe

any help? Por Favor

There's no help for you homes. You have to train rex kwon do in korea fool that's all they got.:icon_chee

There's no help for you homes. You have to train rex kwon do in korea fool that's all they got.:icon_chee

don't make me kick your pineapple in the ocean again gordo

blanko ill shoot you an PM for training out in korea

As there are already several people on the thread who train in Korea, this may be of little help, but: you could also try the BJJ Asia forum, or the BJJ Asia blog, which lists the following down the right hand side under 'Korea' (with links):

# Action Reaction JJ Korea
# Blue Dragon
# Dae Gu MMA
# Gracie Barra Korea
# KBJJC
# Grapple Factory
# Korea BJJ Academy
# M.A.R.C.

the new gym:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iPgjtngSMKk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iPgjtngSMKk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ozzyabbas and i train there. Yes there are both gi and no gi tourneys... IIRC there will be one in may.

1) Looks very nice and WARMER! :icon_chee

2) Are you in that clip?

3) Are you guys going to the Hong Kong Comp at the end of April?

1) Looks very nice and WARMER! :icon_chee

2) Are you in that clip?

3) Are you guys going to the Hong Kong Comp at the end of April?

1) It is warmer, but thats mostly to do with it being in Spring now. I think I almost got frostbite in the Yonsei university gym in Sinchon.

2) Blanko and I aren't in that clip, it looks like a slow day, usually there are alot more people than that.

3)There are gi and no gi tournaments. There is one coming up in May and its in Sinchon this time which is convenient.

I went to the new gym for the first time on Sunday. Its larger than the other gym, the toilets are nicer and they have installed a huge HD tv to watch any fights we may care to watch. Its got better ventillation this time, so it won't turn into an oven like last year.

Back