BJJ in Glen Burnie MD? Noel Smith?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by wastedyouth, Dec 28, 2012.

1. wastedyouth

wastedyouth White Belt

Does anyone here train there? I can't find any information on the guy and it appears to be the only gym in Glen Burnie. Thanks in advance.

2. Nasiello

Nasiello Purple Belt

There's the Garfield school down Rt 2 in Arnold. It's not bad, and he gets some decent seminars.

3. blacjac

blacjac Blue Belt

I trained with Noel Smith back in 2003-2005; he was a brown belt then. He is a good coach. He was tough and cared for his students. The Aggressive pressure top game I use still can be attributed, in part to him. Things may have changed from almost ten years ago; but I'd say its worth a shot. Let me know how things are with him now. I would love to get back and train with him one day.

4. TheMMAchef

TheMMAchef Orange Belt

I recently just signed up there for Muay Thai. Dustin is an amazing Muay Thai coach. Noel is a great guy. I only have been there twice (check my post about starting), and have enjoyed it thoroughly. What I love about the place, is they are not afraid to push you and make you go for it. Also, I am there for muay Thai, and we PRACTICE Muay Thai meaning we immediately put techniques to work. I have seen there BJJ guys in action and even the new guys can do some serious rollin.

Let me know how it goes!