BJJ Gyms in the DMV area?

bkd1225

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi guys, need a little help. Looking to start training but need to find a gym to enroll at. I've been to a few classes here and there up at home, but just moved to the area and not really sure about reputations of all these gyms/the intensity of training/prices, all that. I'm a girl so that also requires a more friendly environment if you know what I mean. Any of my training this far has been no gi. Live close to the Bethesda area and willing to travel but traffic can be a bitch. I'm inexperienced but through other sports/weightlifting I know that I'm athletic and can push myself; I'm very determined when it comes to sports so I'd like somewhere that is a little more competitive. The gyms I've heard of so far and are considering are cpmma, Yamasaki in Rockville, and Capital, mostly because of distance.

Mike Moses' Evolve Academy is right in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area. Competitive training and good mix of gi and nogi although it can be a bit more expansive than most other gyms and they have the strict uniform requirements

Back