BJJ guys: Always Contender and Never Champion?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Demian Maia, Ricardo Arona, Jacare, Oliveira

looks like all high level BJJ guys just never make it to that championship level.

top 10 or top 5 yes, and even title fights.

but I can’t remember any submission guy getting to the top top.

BJJ is pretty much obsolete in MMA these days. A shame as it's my favourite aspect of the sport.

T.Ferg is about to capture the LW title with BJJ.

also lol @ BJJ is obsolete. Every fighter nowadays hase BJJ skills because it's so important to have them.

BJJ is only 20% of what makes him special

Plus his base art is wrestling

Most of his wins of his 12-fight-winstreak are submissions and if he defeats Khabib it will be by sub aswell. Submissions are BJJ techniques. I didn't say BJJ exclusively is what makes him special.

T.Ferg is about to capture the LW title with BJJ.

also lol @ BJJ is obsolete. Every fighter nowadays hase BJJ skills because it's so important to have them.
Will certainly play a big role, although i'm leaning towards Khabib.
I wonder how much of the fight will be standing and how much will take part on the ground.

Most of his wins of his 12-fight-winstreak are submissions and if he defeats Khabib it will be by sub aswell. Submissions are BJJ techniques. I didn't say BJJ exclusively is what makes him special.
Most of those submissions come after he's hurt his opponent on the feet and worn them down with his pace.

The man had Edson fucking Barboza shooting for a desperation takedown and almost gifting Tony his neck.

His snapdowns from the clinch which lead to a lot of his submissions are also wrestling techniques.

BJJ starts with the premise that being in the second best position is better than first

But most of those submissions come after he's hurt his opponent on the feet and worn them down with his pace.

Good argument but that's not even what I was talking about in my initial post. I just posted T-Ferg will win the LW title with BJJ, nothing else. Which is just another way to say my prediction is Tony by sub.

The underlying statement is BJJ is not obsolete.

Good argument but that's not even what I was talking about in my initial post. I just posted T-Ferg will win the LW title with BJJ, nothing else. Which is just another way to say my prediction is Tony by sub.
No chance that he submits Khabib without getting him tired and hurt with strikes first.

Because they have to learn how to fight after they graduate the women and children's exercise class.

Yeah it's a problem. The wrestlers are all "position over submission" so they do well against bjj guys then the strikers drill the fuck out of tdd and submission defense.

Most of those submissions come after he's hurt his opponent on the feet and worn them down with his pace.

The man had Edson fucking Barboza shooting for a desperation takedown and almost gifting Tony his neck.

...Yes, because neck snap-downs are *never* done in jj or other grappling forms...

His snapdowns from the clinch which lead to a lot of his submissions are also wrestling techniques.

Back