BJJ Fraud!!!

T

thaiking

I read this story on another forum alot of people say this Gene Simco guy in upstate NY is a real con in the BJJ business, I can't be sure of this, but he does have a bad reputation for buying his belts and selling belts to students that are intersted. This is what the story was on the other forum.

"A friend of mine ordered the Marco Alvan BJJ set off Simco's site. During the ordering process, there was a checkbox that said something like "if you you want to join the Simco distance learning association blah blah blah UNCHECK [my emphasis] the box." My friend read it quickly and thought that he was supposed to uncheck the box if he DIDNT want the service which is how online ordering should logically be structered.

So he sees charges on his credit card and when he inquires he finds out that hes now a student of Simco's and has to get charged every month. Forget the fact that our instructor will freak out if he finds out and kick my friend's ass for creonteeing out. Hes got three little kids and a mortgage.

He emails Simco and tells him of the mistake. But he finds out that hes not allowed to make a mistake and gets the too bad buddy story. So he has the credit card company stop the payment and now he has the collection agency harassing him at home. All because wanted to order a videotape.

Bolo, if you are reading this...use your boldness as a blackbelt and intercede on my friend's behalf. You said so on here that you only associate with people of integrity."

Brilliant --- "If you do not want to join my club, please don't fail to uncheck the box."

How could anyone misinterpret that? :wink:

the fine print will get you every time.
he needs to step up and correct the situation for you, thats what i think

johil d'o said:
Brilliant --- "If you do not want to join my club, please don't fail to uncheck the box."

I guess it happens sometime, you can't expect the guy to pay you monthly because he misinterpreted what the site said. I feel for the guy, I would of went upstate to his gym and beat the hell out of him!!!!!!! People say he is really a blue belt in the BJJ system but bought his belts, even ex instructors he had say the sam thing

johil d'o said:

is that an actual quote?

OldSkool said:
This book has no hype or big money backers, just good honest BJJ from Cesar Gracie's Academy.

Check it out. www.BJjBook.com
now thats someone worth supporting...some one who is an excellent ambassador for the art

simco is a fraud....

the best option is to get the credit card company involved. worst comes to worst, cancell the card

Whoa.. how is he a fraud aside from this?

infamous mattyd said:
is that an actual quote?

No, I was just playing around. I thought I'd throw in a triple negative just for kicks.

johil d'o said:
No, I was just playing around. I thought I'd throw in a triple negative just for kicks.

Yeah I had to read that shit like twelve times to get my head around it!!!

Who Aranha??? I used to talk to him on his forum (www.jiu-jitsu.net). Seemed like a really nice guy and it seemed like he knew alot. He even has his own book called something like BJJ Master Book (or something like it).

He got his Brown Belt from Michael Jen in 2002, and his Black Belt from Marcelo "Nigue" Sandes in 2005.

I guess these days you can never know.

Wolverine
///

Wolverine said:
Who Aranha??? I used to talk to him on his forum (www.jiu-jitsu.net). Seemed like a really nice guy and it seemed like he knew alot. He even has his own book called something like BJJ Master Book (or something like it).

He got his Brown Belt from Michael Jen in 2002, and his Black Belt from Marcelo "Nigue" Sandes in 2005.

I guess these days you can never know.

Wolverine
///
yea, I guess so

BTW Thaiking,

I like your Goku SS4 avatar.

Wolverine
///

Wolverine said:
BTW Thaiking,

I like your Goku SS4 avatar.

Wolverine
///
Thank you, I plan to train hard so I can surpass goku and become ss5!!!!!

Back