BJJ Coach

GaaraKazekage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well I'm currently train under 5 degree black belt Waldomiro Perez Junior in HB and under Baret Yoshida during the school year in SD. Any1 know any bio on them and how good they actually are? I know Professor Perez use to be Rampage and Tito's BJJ coach and Yoshida won ADCC in 2009. But how do I find out more bio as in who they got their black belt from and etc. I haven't ask them cause I don't want to offend them by saying something like "how good are you actually?"

Baret never won the ADCC. He placed 2nd in 2001 and 2003 and he placed 3rd in 2007. He also won no gi worlds in 2009 at adult black belt feather. His ADCC performances were awesome to watch. He's extremely extremely good. Don't quote me on this, but I think he got his black belt from Enson Inoue.

I've never heard of Waldomiro Perez Jr. (which doesn't mean anything). He's never placed in any of the top big name tournament at the adult level (ie. ADCC, CBJJ World, Pan, Euro, Brazilian, CBJJO World or Brazilian). He may have placed at master or above.

Waldomiro Perez Jr gave the black belt to Jorge "Macaco" Patino, and to one of the Godoi dudes which name I often forget. Both did well enough, I think. Macaco is a UFC and Pride veteran, and trained Thiago Silva.

Waldomiro Perez is one of the founders and the head coach of Companhia Paulista (CIA Paulista) which is a really good BJJ team in Brazil, he also awarded the black belt to Godoi and milton Maximiliano (who are two of the best coaches ever), also "macaco" as stated above. Perez would be my pick, though Barret is a fabulous grappler and not a bad choice either.

As a coach Waldomiro has proven more then Barret, and that's what you are looking for, right?

Back