BJJ black belt at wrestling

rory_44 said:
Brock is a great school, with lots of talented wrestlers, but they're pretty one dimensional in terms of style.
Also between 70-85 kgs, Guelph is the deepest room in the country.
And last thing, if you read my post, I never said I'd be able to teach him anything, I said I'd like for him to teach me in exchange for training at Guelph. And he obviously respects the club enough to come train with us. Whats more I don't think anyone gets as good as he is without being open to learning from whatever source he has access too.

theres no doubt you sharpen steel with steel (or is it iron?)...

And why are you guy's thinking wag's a beginner at wrestling? just because he's a black belt doesnt mean he doesnt know how to wrestle, it basically means he already knows how to wrestle. he was the brasilian qualifier for adcc for christ sake.

Guelph is the best place around for wrestling so that's where he goes to train, not to learn.

dildoo~baggins said:
theres no doubt you sharpen steel with steel (or is it iron?)...

And why are you guy's thinking wag's a beginner at wrestling? just because he's a black belt doesnt mean he doesnt know how to wrestle, it basically means he already knows how to wrestle. he was the brasilian qualifier for adcc for christ sake.

Even winning ADCC doesn't mean that you're good wrestler. It means you're freaking awesome SUBMISSION wrestler.

dildoo~baggins said:
I'm not a "beginning bjj guy", 100$ says ill take you to school in jits/mma/wrestling.

That's a bold statment...

People sure do have alot of confidence in themselves don't they?

Colby18 said:
That's a bold statment...

People sure do have alot of confidence in themselves don't they?

This is the internet...would you expect any less?

Jarzi is right. Bravo is a great fighter and isn't that much of a wrestler. Being at adcc doesn't say much about someones wrestling skills. You could have this guy thats just sits down and pulls guard and then great wrestlers like kerr.

I'm not referring to wag's wrestling skills because i have no idea. But you can learn even with beginners, the way they do things, the way they question.

Internet fights are silly :)

demo, youre a fellow NU guy... youre supposed to take my side lol

anyways, I know not all adcc guys are great wrestlers, but wagnney is... what more can I say?

sakufan said:
and lost to Rani Yahya of Rickson Gracie Jiujitsu by points (2-0, takedown) in the quarter finals.

yeah theres really nothing for him to improve... :(

dildoo~baggins said:
I train with Wagney, he already has great wrestling?

are you at brock?
I like your avatar :) where did you knick it?

Back