BJJ Big Man

Ghostdogg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
well out of nowwhere i have been given a chance to train bjj with an above average instructor for a real good price.(was made an offer i can refuse ) my cousin has become and instructor at the school so thats how. But my question is im a big guy and im trying to find a vid of a big man doing bjj and im struggling bad so if u guys have any folks who are big men that do bjj that would be great and when i say big im talking like 250 plus thanx!

well the best bjj competitor also happens to be one of the biggest, try looking up a guy called roger gracie lol

Search for these guys on Youtube

Rodrigo Cavaca
Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu
Antonio Peinado
Antonio Braga Neto
Gabriel Vella
Luis "Big Mac" Teodoro

Last edited:
my friend recently joined our school,hes 6'2 360. he has lost 40 lbs since being there and getting good. he smashes the hell out of people if he gets on top but he has no hips yet so his guard sucks right now but hes coming around

well the best bjj competitor also happens to be one of the biggest, try looking up a guy called roger gracie lol

isn't Roger like 220? TS asked for BIG guys :icon_chee

Go train. I've trained with guys they didn't make a gi big enough for.

Get a good guard.

It's more 'ethical' and if you don't, you'll waste your time as a white belt muscling people from the knees to their back.

And then, by the time you get blue or roll with people as big as you are, you will realize you have a very one-dimensional game and that your americana is not tapping people left and right as it used to.

thanx guys for the input its kinda funny to me that i was comtemplating judo or akido yesterday and somehw i ended at bjj fate is a funny thing i guess

i'm 6'6" 220 (now... was about 260 when I started). I'm with the rest of these guys... go train ;-)

idc what people say roy nelson is the shit and damn his bjj is slick and how that big man has the tank he has is beyond me!

I train with a guy who is 6'9" tall, I have also trained with a guy who is 5'9" tall and about 6'9" wide.

Both these guys are a handful, and I'm also sure that they weren't privy to specialized "big man" competition footage and instructionals, you'll be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back