News BJ Penn involved in crash. Presumed DUI

BJ was my favorite fighter. He is a train wreck now. It’s nuts how nuts he is. I wonder if he was always like this and it was just masked or this is CTE. If it is CTE, how much worse would it be with a fifth round against GSP?
I don't know how log you have been following the sport, but BJ was a GOAT at one time. He arguably beat GSP in their first fight. It's drugs and alcohol.

You can't beat a prime Hughes and nearly beat GSP and then losing every other fight without reason. If I were to speculate, I'd say he never had real camps with real coaches pushing him. He self-destructed.

Getting repeatedly struck on the head for 18 years is going to leave a result.

IMHO there's a lot to be said for limiting the period of time fighters can be active for.

I can relate to the temptation to drive drunk, but in the era of Uber and lyft there's really no excuse. If that happened here in Cali he'd be fucked. They ruin your whole life over a DWI, regardless of circumstances.

So they should.

I have absolutely no sympathy for drunk drivers.

If you can afford to drink, you can afford a cab.

Anyone causing death from a DUI should be charged with murder imo, not these horseshit charges like impaired causing death, or manslaughter or anything else like that.

Murder, throw them in prison for 25 years.

BJ was my favorite fighter. He is a train wreck now. It’s nuts how nuts he is. I wonder if he was always like this and it was just masked or this is CTE. If it is CTE, how much worse would it be with a fifth round against GSP?
CTE could just be making his normal behavior worse. I have heard people from Hawaii say B.J. Penn along with his brother started fights and were just pieces of crap. Chris Benoit is another person people say had CTE yet some wrestlers have said he was not pleasant person backstage.

Positive Balance detected. ;)

I'm just glad all the medical experts are here with their CTE diagnosis. Considering the fact that doctors and scientists cannot determine whether or not a living person is suffering from CTE, only by removing the brain and doing an autopsy, yet we have all these Sherdog members that know something they don't.

So they should.

I have absolutely no sympathy for drunk drivers.

If you can afford to drink, you can afford a cab.

Anyone causing death from a DUI should be charged with murder imo, not these horseshit charges like impaired causing death, or manslaughter or anything else like that.

Murder, throw them in prison for 25 years.

I agree, but I'd include anyone who's responsible for a driving death. It's almost always due to some form of negligence.

A bum then, a bum now. No news.

Luck to the victim. Hope he survives and this Bum Penn go to the fucking jail.
No need for senseless hate. He's a legend of the sport even if he's on hard times.

Hope him and anyone else involved are okay.

i have a horrible feeling we're gonna be reading an obituary for bj far to soon.

CTE could just be making his normal behavior worse. I have heard people from Hawaii say B.J. Penn along with his brother started fights and were just pieces of crap. Chris Benoit is another person people say had CTE yet some wrestlers have said he was not pleasant person backstage.
I could believe it. BJ had a crazy ego to being with, and he took on big fights. CTE was/has caught up with him.

Unfortunately the victim is the last person to evaluate it. Hence BJ taking fights he should have never been in, especially considering he was obviously the last person who should have been deciding that. But you can't tell a fighter to stop.

c55c28f01328900071fd366b6bc1f3c8.jpg

People keep saying that he needs to get it together, but how do you expect him to fix a physically damaged brain?

It's like telling a parapelegic to get it together and start walking again.

The Lava shack is now top of my bucket list.

Imagine if someone told you 5 years ago that Jon Jones would eventually get his shit together but BJ Penn would become drunkedly self-destructive.

o_O

Could have just as easily been me, there’s been times I don’t remember driving home.

Best wishes to one of my GOATs.

Imagine if someone told you 5 years ago that Jon Jones would eventually get his shit together but BJ Penn would become drunkedly self-destructive.

o_O
<LikeReally5>

Jones shit has been together for about 5 fuckin minutes,big deal !

Back