Bj and Anderson are the legends of this sport

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
FYI, people are shitting on those two guys. Obviously, I never been a fan of Anderson since he debuted in the UFC, I thought rich would beat him, Hendo would beat him, vitor would beat him, Forrest would beat him, and it goes on, I can admit that, but Anderson still, with roids or no roids, left a big mark on the history of MMA, much more than some WMMA fighter like Ronda, or people who got nice media gigs like Matt Serra or Forrest Griffin or Josh thomson, or even like Bisping, especially cheaters who comes out on media outlet like Melendez or Sonnen, and the list is long, who is working in media as if they were anything special in MMA. None of them were. Ever.

BJ Penn and Anderson on the other hand were pretty special. Especially BJ Penn because he never popped. It might be hard to relate to if you werent around, or you might have been around but it might be difficult to remember. But there are no fighter outside Jon Jones right now who has similar aura like they did. Of course they werent Fedor, but still.

Everyone acting like they were never good. In their primes, they were pretty special. More so than Khabib who lost to Tibau and never really faced a good division 1 wrestler in his life yet and his best win to date is Conor and Barboza and talking about legacy then Mayweather. More so than DC who got his shit pushed in by Jones twice, and More so than anybody outside Jon Jones.

Hespect is due. I still blame that fucked up robbery in Edgar 1 fight for stealing Bjs soul and replaced it with Buritos that saps your cardio.

CarefulUnfinishedAkitainu-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Bj and Anderson are the legends of this sport

thank-obvious-you-captain-here-have-this-rock-37905073.png

"Everyone acting like they were never good"

I've never seen anyone say they were never good.

Seems like you're just looking for something to complain about.

MW and LW GOAT's.

What they have accomplished in this sport cannot be taken away.

I'm a huge fan of both, but I think most people here respect them, even if they don't like them. However them destroying their legacies certainly doesn't help with popularity.

It's pretty annoying and disappointing when these guys act like they're too small minded to find any other purpose in life aside from punching someone in the face in a cage. There's a whole world of possibilities out there.

Last edited:
Those legacies are tarnished now for continuing to fight way past their primes.

Gomi fought for the first time in the cage, in BJs org, Bjs city, had a bs stand up call in the second round, and was coming off a loss, and BJ spammed takedown like Sean Sherk against Gomi.
Hallman isnt better than Hughes. Bj might be a better fighter, but Gomi did more in the lightweight division.

Bj is one of my favourites .... but he’s soooo overrated..... very inconsistent even during his prime

Idk if that’s the issue

The issue is they’re long overdue for retirement (esp BJ) and shouldn’t be taking losses to what’s his name and Clay Guidilo

Bj is a goat, until recently the guy was never even dropped by a punch lol, and he would fight anybody!

i agree... and they should be hanging around in the ufc hall of fame instead of the octagon.

Back