Bisping's predictions will be his karma...

Litany

Save your prayers boy...your god doesn't live here
Reaction score
The problem many have with him these days is not that doesn't fight the best guys, because as some have listed the fighters he won and lost to, that's not the case.

But it's really the way he says he's going to win his fights. Not knocking confidence, but we all know there's a realistic limit of predicting how you're going to win.

"I'm going to destroy the Axe Murderer!" He landed one solid shot in the 1st round and then preceded to lose the fight and almost be KOed with seconds left in the fight.

"You'll be back on the undercard!" fighting Jorge Rivera. Jorge did better in the standup than most expected. The illegal knee absolutely changed the outcome of the fight (for the record, Bisping would have most likely won regardless). Then seconds in the 2nd round, he gets wobbled bad before regaining composure and getting the TKO.

Fought Brian Stann and won asides the scary 1st round. He claimed he was going to KO Stann bad and was angry at all of the non-believers of his powers. Bisping didn't.

Now all the talk he's spewing at Vitor, he HAS to win in the fashion he claims he will or no one will ever take seriously any of his title shot claims realistically.

Not a Bisping hater (anymore, his fight with Sonnen finally showed me he's capable of a tough fight for most of the MW division. Still thought Chael won but it was super close), just that loudly making predictions for your victories and almost coming up heavily short in most of them doesn't do you any favors.

The knee didn't change the fight against Rivera. If anything Rivera did better after it. He rocked Bisping after it, then instantly gassed for some reason and Bisping beat him.

And everyone makes big statements. GSP does it every fight.

I know why he's saying it, that's not the issue. But when you keep making these claims and almost never make them happen and are pissed when you have doubters, you have no reason to be upset.

The knee didn't change the fight against Rivera. If anything Rivera did better after it. He rocked Bisping after it, then instantly gassed for some reason and Bisping beat him.

And everyone makes big statements. GSP does it every fight.

That's why I said standup, because Bisping was taking him down constantly. It was the knee. Did you see how brutal that was?

But as I said, he gets a title shot if he wins. He HAS to win now in the way hes been talking recently. Otherwise, it won't help his case on being called one of the best.

Sherdog Logic: You HAVE to win the way you predict, or you're no good.

Even if everyone knows that everyone knows that you're just making these predictions to hype the fight.

What about the Mayhem fight? He backed up his words in that fight.

Bisping is gonna beat Vitor. Vitor will come out blazzing, won't get the ko (he could but I doubt it) and then he's gonna fall apart a la usual. Bisping by decision.

That's why I said standup, because Bisping was taking him down constantly. It was the knee. Did you see how brutal that was?

But as I said, he gets a title shot if he wins. He HAS to win now in the way hes been talking recently. Otherwise, it won't help his case on being called one of the best.

This isn't the case. If Bisping wins (or god forbid wins decisively) people will just say Vitor is over the hill, you know damn well nobody will call Bisping one of the best regardless of the outcome.

Almost every fighter does that... and still half of them lose... why pick out Bisping? Really?

Almost every fighter does that... and still half of them lose... why pick out Bisping? Really?

If people were to get all lf their mma knowledge off of sherdog, you would be forgiven for thinking he is the only fighter to do a lot of things. He gets shit for things nearly every fighter does routinely.

Sherdog Logic: You HAVE to win the way you predict, or you're no good.

Even if everyone knows that everyone knows that you're just making these predictions to hype the fight.

Please, I'm extremely reasonable. There's a difference in what Bisping does compared to other high-level fighters. And it's been talked about by a many on here.

Why do you think most believe he would get killed by Anderson? Because he hardly wins in the ways he ever mentions that he will. If he absolutely brutalized Stann, destroyed Silva and does what he says he is going to do against Belfort, I guaranteed he would be seen as a more legit threat to Anderson.

Not to mention that Bisping himself is pissed at the comments and reactions from the fans and media about his performances as a fighter. Unlike most Sherdoggers, I don't just spew things just to get a reaction.

That's because of most of the high-level fighters right now, he's the one making a much bigger deal of it. Also too because he is one fight away (beating Belfort would be VERY, VERY impressive too) from fighting the best fighter on the planet. Of course it means more coming from someone at his possible status than a fighter say, competing in a local show or what not.

As I said before, I don't hate the guy anymore. His performance against Sonnen changed my opinion of him a lot. But he's not doing himself any favors when he sets his own bar SOOO high and hardly ever meets it and then is pissed on why no one gives him credit.

What about the Mayhem fight? He backed up his words in that fight.

You're absolutely right. Notice how I said most of the time. Also why I forgot to mention it as well.

However, as much as I like Mayhem, he wasn't ranked or close to it. In the scheme of things, it says a lot where out of all the ways you proclaim to win, that one comes close to perfect.

If people were to get all lf their mma knowledge off of sherdog, you would be forgiven for thinking he is the only fighter to do a lot of things. He gets shit for things nearly every fighter does routinely.

Stop crying homie, it's not a good look

LEAVE BISPING ALONE <insert picture of crying red Mohawked tuff dude>

Rofl Bisping is seriously awesome easily the most hated fighter in the ufc and most deffinately the most talked about. Wether people are reacting to his fight hype comments, Crying about his behaivour or praying to god in their tighty whiteys for a KO like the Hbomb gif.

As Don King stated any public exposure is good exposure there is a reason Bisping is one of the UFC's top earners.

War Bisping

Please, I'm extremely reasonable. There's a difference in what Bisping does compared to other high-level fighters. And it's been talked about by a many on here.

Why do you think most believe he would get killed by Anderson? Because he hardly wins in the ways he ever mentions that he will. If he absolutely brutalized Stann, destroyed Silva and does what he says he is going to do against Belfort, I guaranteed he would be seen as a more legit threat to Anderson.

Not to mention that Bisping himself is pissed at the comments and reactions from the fans and media about his performances as a fighter. Unlike most Sherdoggers, I don't just spew things just to get a reaction.

Him hyping up a fight has nothing to do with why people think he can't beat Silva tbh.

Bispings skill set is amazing. Outstanding cardio, good boxing, and good tdd/recovery off his back. But he's going to be 34 next month. He knows him time is now. And I wonder if he can finally make it over the hill and get his title shot. I think he comes up short again. I think he relies on his cardio carrying him too often and he has "pillowfists".

Back