Bisping Story (GOAT Storyteller)

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“I fight Georges St-Pierre. I lose that fight, and he knew I was blind in one eye – he targeted it.

"Then I fly to Shanghai. Couple of weeks later I fight Kelvin Gastelum. I get cracked. I think I’ve had a good run and that was that.

“And then we go to an after-party. I’m sitting there in this club, and every time I look this way, I get a flash of light.

"
What was that? So I look again, another flash of light. And every time I look to the left, I would get a flash of light. I started panicking because I’m thinking, Holy s*it, I don’t believe this; I’ve got a detached retina in my good eye!

<28>

"And I started getting emotional in a night club. I’ve had a couple of drinks, but
F*ck, I’m gonna go blind!

“It’s a long flight back to [Los Angeles]. I wake up halfway through and I look to my left, and there’s that flashing light.
Holy sh*t, I’d forgotten all about that.

“So when I land I call my eye doctor straight away.

"'Yeah," he says, 'you need to go see someone.'

"I go in there — and whenever I’m uncomfortable, I always use humor as kind of like a mask.

“'Listen, doc,' I say, 'I think I’ve got a detached retina in my good eye.'

"'Alright,' he says, 'let’s take a look. I’m gonna put some drops in. You’re not gonna be able to see for a while.'

"Oh well,'' I say, 'I guess I better get used to this view, eh?'

'Calm down, we’re not there just yet.'

"We’re not f*cking there just yet? I was freaking out. Anyway, turns out I had a vitreous detachment.”

In the end, Michael Bisping says the Gastelum fight was a mistake and one he shouldn’t have taken. He was doing the UFC a favor and it nearly cost him his vision.

Moral of the story: Don't do the UFC any favors.

- Submission Radio

Last edited:
GOAT story teller?

200.gif

Everyone knew Bisping was nuts for taking the Gastelum fight.

Never do the UFC any favors. 99.9% of the time you were never Dana's friend anyway.

So much for the rib injury excuse for the GSP fight, magically healed in a few weeks for the Gastelum fight right

Back