Bisping Should Thank Herb Dean

MRDOG

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It was 100 % Bisping's own fault he ate that knee. Instead of questioning Herb Dean reffing abilities he should be thanking him. There are some refs that would have ruled that a KO in the third. He could be just another victim of Anderson's Highlight Reel but instead he got the best win of his career. Luckily Herb Dean made the right call and continued the fight.

He was definitely flash ko'd and fights have definitely been stopped because of flash ko's. But do you know how much shit Herb would have gotten if he actually called the fight? My god.. It's bad enough and he allowed the fight to go on.

A KO implies you go unconscious. Bisping was never out he started talking to Herb right afterwards. Anderson should learn to not be cocky.

It was 100 % Bisping's own fault he ate that knee. Instead of questioning Herb Dean reffing abilities he should be thanking him. There are some refs that would have ruled that a KO in the third. He could be just another victim of Anderson's Highlight Reel but instead he got the best win of his career. Luckily Herb Dean made the right call and continued the fight.
He would've won that round if the mouthpiece didn't come out or if Herb was doing his job and give the mouthpiece back to him. That knee would've never happened if Herb didn't distract Bisping

Herb could easily have stopped the fight and nobody would've blamed him for saving Bispings life with the belief that Anderson would have destroyed him had the fight continued.... but he didn't and Bisping sacked up and kept figting like a boss. Respect.

Bisping should give his win bonus to Herb and the judges for that gift wrapped hometown decision

Saved by the bell.

Yes he was but another ref still might have stopped the fight.

He was definitely flash ko'd and fights have definitely been stopped because of flash ko's. But do you know how much shit Herb would have gotten if he actually called the fight? My god.. It's bad enough and he allowed the fight to go on.

I am going to guess around the same much as he is currently getting except he would have made the wrong call. Take a look at the forums. It is full of post from Anderson fans not accepting he lost. They would be arguing it was a good stoppage. Silva is back ect ...

I say all this as an Anderson fan.

He would've won that round if the mouthpiece didn't come out or if Herb was doing his job and give the mouthpiece back to him. That knee would've never happened if Herb didn't distract Bisping

The knee he took is 100 % his own fault. Anderson was still attacking, the ref was a good distance away from them. And he decided to look away from his opponent. A fighter with his experience knows better. He even said so himself at the presser but also took a jab at Herb Dean not being the best ref or something similar. If the same events occurred with a different ref he might of been adding a KO lost to his resume instead of a win over one of the greatest of all time.

Saved by the bell.
Wrong. Even if the bell hadn't rung, AS was on the cage being an idiot. Gave Bisping plenty of time to recover. More like saved by Anderson's stupidity.

Anderson was still attacking, the ref was a good distance away from them. And he decided to look away from his opponent. A fighter with his experience knows better. He even said so himself at the presser but also took a jab at Herb Dean not being the best ref or something similar. If the same events occurred with a different ref he might of been adding a KO lost to his resume instead of a win over one of the greatest of all time.

Anderson backed off was near the middle of the octagon. Took a good 3 step to get into range for the knee. They were reset imo. That's why Bisping had the time to drop hands turn to Dean and said a whole sentence or 2 before eating the knee. The fight was "Reset" or "break" already.

Also, Bisping is already on record taking blame for the knee/mouthpiece confusion.

Bisping admitted that it was his own fault at the post-fight presser. I'm actually surprised he was so blunt about it. There was fault on both sides, but it's nice to see that one side owns up to it.

Anderson backed off was near the middle of the octagon. Took a good 3 step to get into range for the knee. They were reset imo. That's why Bisping had the time to drop hands turn to Dean and said a whole sentence or 2 before eating the knee. The fight was "Reset" or "break" already.

Anderson was attacking, he clinched and threw a knee and missed which caused the distance and attacked again. Bisping even admits to it being his own fault. His hands were back up by the time the knee lands. But it was too late.

I went back and looked at the replay of this knee and seen something I didn't before. Bisping actually does this twice. He points to his mouth piece when it first falls out when Anderson is attacking and does it again just before the knee.

I'm still in shock/awe that he managed to continue fighting for another two rounds after that knee regardless of how hard Silva was pushing it. Big testes, big respect

I think he should be thanking Anderson for not attacking his nuts & poking his eyes when Herb wasn't even watching them as he slowly picked up the mouthpiece. Was a total WWE moment.

Definitely flash-KO'd and definitely could have been stopped if not for the bell at that exact second, but also Herb could well have (and probably should have) halted the contest to put Bisping's mouthpeice. The knee massively changed the fight, and you could argue without it, the fight would have looked a lot more lopsided without it.

In the end, Bisping deservedly won. It was a good performance

Bisping admitted that it was his own fault at the post-fight presser. I'm actually surprised he was so blunt about it. There was fault on both sides, but it's nice to see that one side owns up to it.

He did and he also insulted him. But props to Bisping for at least admitting it was his own mistake.

I'm still in shock/awe that he managed to continue fighting for another two rounds after that knee regardless of how hard Silva was pushing it. Big testes, big respect

Me to .. I never been much of a fan of Bisping but he dug deep in this fight. He deserves the win.

could have and probably should have been stopped in my opinion but good on Bisping, signature win right there!

I think he should be thanking Anderson for not attacking his nuts & poking his eyes when Herb wasn't even watching them as he slowly picked up the mouthpiece. Was a total WWE moment.
This whole time I've been arguing that what Anderson did was poor sportsmanship, but the truth is, he gave Bisping a chance by not running over and fish hooking his mouth off with one hand, ripping his eyeball out with the other and pumping left and right knees into the crotch!!

ap_aptopix_ufc_194_mixed_martial_arts_78254692.jpg

Herb is so uncoordinated-looking, the way he meanders around and always looks a little confused for some reason. Not my fave ref. Lucky Josh gets out this month, I wonder if he can be licensed while on parole, Imagine the cheer he'll get from the crowd if he returns ;)

Back