Bisping options going forward

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Whoever you think won Silva vs Bisping(I had Bisping) he's put himself in the thick of title contention, once again. He's repeatedly fallen one win short in previous attempts. I'd assume he's one more big win away from a title shot.

That being said I see a few options for Bisping.

1. Play the rankings game. Ie fight another rop ten mw on a tear. Options Brunson, Kennedy, Whittaker.
2. Fight a big name mw who's struggled somewhat recently.
Options Machida, Mousasi
3. Nick "fucking" Diaz

Tbh a win I'm any of the scenarios probably gets him a title shot but God damn Id love to see Bisping vs Diaz.

What would you like to see?

Mousasi might be a fun, stand up war.

Bisping vs Diaz would be fucking epic. Smack talk & antics would be next level.

It's weird, there's such a logjam at the top of the MW division (phrasing) that I don't know what they'll do with him. Beating Silva won't instantly blast him to the top of the division like it would have not long ago. A fight with Moose would be a good time. A fight with Nick Diaz, I'm indifferent.

What's the rest of the division like? Vitor is fighting Jacare for the obvious title shot, Rockhold/Weidman is still happening for some reason, Romero's long gone unless somehow magically he gets exonerated, Machida is still ranked 4th, and that's all that will be above him on the rankings as I imagine he will leapfrog Kennedy on the rankings with this win. Would he go from fighting Anderson Silva to someone ranked lower like Whittaker, Moose or Hall? Maybe. It's a very top-heavy division.

Beat up Diaz then title shot. It'll be epic, let's keep the butthurt rolling.

Retire. He aint getting the belt. Might as well go out on a good note.

Retire. He aint getting the belt. Might as well go out on a good note.

Always laugh when people suggest things like this. This isn't the NBA/NFL/Mlb, these guys aren't making tens of millions per year.

A fight against Diaz and a subsequent title shot would likely earn Bisping millions. No way he should pass either up.

Bisping vs. Diaz would be amazing although there is the potential for a Condit scenario there. Still the buildup would be worth it.

Whoever you think won Silva vs Bisping(I had Bisping) he's put himself in the thick of title contention, once again. He's repeatedly fallen one win short in previous attempts. I'd assume he's one more big win away from a title shot.

That being said I see a few options for Bisping.

1. Play the rankings game. Ie fight another rop ten mw on a tear. Options Brunson, Kennedy, Whittaker.
2. Fight a big name mw who's struggled somewhat recently.
Options Machida, Mousasi
3. Nick "fucking" Diaz

Tbh a win I'm any of the scenarios probably gets him a title shot but God damn Id love to see Bisping vs Diaz.

What would you like to see?
Diaz isn't a stepping stone. He took a super fight for Andy but he is a WW. He belongs there beating up guys like Rory and Condit.

Back