Bisping: Alhassan was asleep for 10 minutes

Well that doesn't sound healthy.
Sometimes we forget that getting hit in the head for years and years is truly terrible. I love this sport, but sometimes you think about what these guys go through and how they’ll suffer in the future.

Getting KO’d bad like that is one thing. That happening live in front of hundreds of thousands watching, probably including your loved ones too, is brutal. Incoming bouts with depression, possible memory problems, brain fog, nausea, balance issues.. Damn, this is truly terrible.

Hopefully he makes a quick recovery and gets support in the weeks/months to come. Getting back up on the horse won’t be easy, but these guys are tough. All the best to him and his fellow fighters.

Is that true? I think Bisping may be telling porkies here, he walked out with his cornermen after the ad break

10 minutes would would be very dangerous and scary.

He squared his body up to Khaos trying to throw a low kick, Khaos countered inside close range and was able to produce some serious power

I dont think it were 10 minutes...
But he was out for a good 5 or so...
You could still see him laying around when Bisping interviewd the Oxfighter
Still fucking scary...

Sometimes we forget that getting hit in the head for years and years is truly terrible. I love this sport, but sometimes you think about what these guys go through and how they’ll suffer in the future.

Getting KO’d bad like that is one thing. That happening live in front of hundreds of thousands watching, probably including your loved ones too, is brutal. Incoming bouts with depression, possible memory problems, brain fog, nausea, balance issues.. Damn, this is truly terrible.

Hopefully he makes a quick recovery and gets support in the weeks/months to come. Getting back up on the horse won’t be easy, but these guys are tough. All the best to him and his fellow fighters.

Yeah there was a dude who fought Pat Sabbatini in CFFC a couple of months ago that was out for absolutely ages after the KO, they had to carry him off with oxygen and everything.

A small part of me does sometimes question the sense of the sport.

But then I usually go back into Just Bleed mode quickly enough.

Awkward listening to them discuss goat ko

elephant in room:

knockout-punch-photo-35.gif

Hype job

good KO yes, but him being down for a while probably had more to do with the way he landed and hit his head

Bisping selling wolf tickets about this guys "insane power"

Alhassan is going to be out it for weeks. You gotta wonder how much, if at all, this will effect him going forward. A KO like that can ruin your chin.

That's definitely brain damage. The question is what is he going to come back looking like after taking that?

Back