• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bill Cosby sentenced - 3-10 years in state prison

I'm not 'hoping' for that. I was answering a question - why not lock them both up? Because one was convicted at a criminal trial and one wasn't. You're projecting and/or making assumptions. But I'm glad you think I'm your buddy.

Of course you're my buddy! <{MingNope}>

(*psst* Vote Republican. <{ohyeah}> )

Cosby is black and Kav is a republican??? ah okay...
Go figure, if you can't see that these 2 cases aren't at all similar then there's no help for you.
imageedit_5572_6859279938.jpg

I agree with your point. The only real difference is that Cosby admitted to some of the shady stuff. There were also more details.

Even if Cosby is guilty, without evidence, I can’t see how he got convicted.

We have gotten ridiculous by running with accusations. Without proof, I can’t see how anyone should be convicted.

Thanks Cap, that's all i'm saying. If they had even trivial DNA evidence on Cosby, I would see the difference immediately. The fact that it's entirely accusations never sat right with me, even if Cosby was guilty as sin (and I think he was).

However, if that's the standard we're using, consistency is key. Something has to give. Either listen and believe all the time, or trust but verify all the time, but don't give a pass or make exceptions because it's expedient.

That's it? 3-10 for raping 30+ women... Hopefully he dies in jail.

you obviously have never read about how protected Cosby was back when he was actively in show business...

Doesn't matter how protected he was back then.

Once the Deposition was used, he was FINISHED.

Plain and simple.

Note that he never admitted to drugging anyone, important caveat.

To put this in reference, it's like me being convicted of murder for saying that I got bullets with the intent of killing someone, regardless of me doing it. That they ended up dead should rightfully cast me as the prime suspect, but that alone is hardly evidence enough to prove that I did it.

I say this not to defend Cosby, but to draw into question what's supposedly different between Kavanaugh and Cosby that we apply two different sets of evidentiary standards to consideration of their cases. Recency has little to do with it, physical evidence has little to do with it (otherwise Kavanaugh's lie about being a HS virgin looks really bad when you see his yearbook), so what's the difference? On one side we believe the accuser, on the other we attribute political malice. Seems like something substantial differs between the two that provides major concerns with whether or not justice was actually served in this case.
I think another difference is that Cosby happened at the beginning of the “metoo” movement where Hollywood personalities were getting clipped on the regular. The Hollywood crowd was the flavor of the month, so to speak. I don’t know all the details in either of these two cases, but it’s wrong to charge anyone with a crime without evidence. Someone’s word is not enough to send anyone to prison.

Did you forget his Deposition?

You should probably go back and see yourself, unless there was another deposition i'm not aware of.

His lawyer stops him from answering that crucial question, and he sidesteps it saying he gave them to *other* people (i.e. not the people accusing him).

In a he said, she said case, that's not the home run you might think.

Go figure, if you can't see that these 2 cases aren't at all similar then there's no help for you.
imageedit_5572_6859279938.jpg

Yes you are playing the race card.

I was treating them similarly. When I first read that multiple women were accusing Cosby of sexual assault I believed the women based on the sheer number of women coming out. That many women colluding is simply not believable to me.

With Kavanaugh I am heavily leaning on believing the women because there is a least 3 accusers, and several facts (pulled from what he said and what his best friend wrote about their time in high school) are pointing at Kav being a heavy drinker when it was in school and possibly a liar.

you think otherwise apparently... meh.

He admitted to drugging the victim, but claimed it was just over the counter benadryl.

And they used the separate statement regarding a totally unrelated indiscretion to make it into ludes.

Y'all are so convinced they had him dead to rights, but the case was really circumstantial...because there wasn't any physical evidence.

He has to stay in jail for a minimum 3 years.
If you get sentenced to jail for 5 years, you get out in 2 1/2 if you have good behavior in prison.

3-10 means it could be as low as three and it will be. And half of that is 18months.

And they used the separate statement regarding a totally unrelated indiscretion to make it into ludes.

Y'all are so convinced they had him dead to rights, but the case was really circumstantial...because there wasn't any physical evidence.

So it's ok to drug your rape victim with benadryl.. so long as its not quaaludes?

Yes you are playing the race card.

I was treating them similarly. When I first read that multiple women were accusing Cosby of sexual assault I believed the women based on the sheer number of women coming out. That many women colluding is simply not believable to me.

With Kavanaugh I am heavily leaning on believing the women because there is a least 3 accusers, and several facts (pulled from what he said and what his best friend wrote about their time in high school) are pointing at Kav being a heavy drinker when it was in school and possibly a liar.

you think otherwise apparently... meh.
Harvey Weinstein would be comparing apples to apples and even though Weinstein is white I put him at the same level as Cosby (with all the same judgements). So tell me again how I'm playing the race card.

I have serious cognitive dissonance when it comes to Cosby. I grew up on the Cosby show and Fat Albert, Ghost Dad and Jello Pudding. It’s like my brain can’t handle the allegations against him. It won’t accept that this is really happening.

billcosby.jpg

So it's ok to drug your rape victim with benadryl.. so long as its not quaaludes?

Did I say that?

Stay on topic Rational, remember who you're talking to. I'm not some spring chicken around here, I know the game.

One question I have regardless of who someone is, is how far back do we go to determine their current judgement?

I’m quite sure most people aren’t the same person they were in high school or 30 years prior. I’d be pretty surprised if there is anyone who hasn’t done something shady in their youth.

I get someone committing rape, but damn,if someone went skinny dipping or mooned someone in high school they are somehow incapable to trust as an adult?

I feel quite certain that most of our national leaders would prefer if we didn’t know what they did in high school or college.

Frankly, I expect people to act that way at that age.

Doesn't matter how protected he was back then.

Once the Deposition was used, he was FINISHED.

Plain and simple.

you are confusing the issue. Cosby had been accused since the 60s and he's only NOW being thrown in jail. if it had been anyone not famous they would have long since been thrown in a jail long ago. This man was protected by many and powerful and non-powerful people and had a lot of support. This support is what allowed him to escape punishment. For the longest time no one believed that Cosby was a molester and his image was practically almost perfect to people who only knew him as Doctor Huxtable.

Last edited:
Eh.. pretty good sentence. I mean... he's 81 and blind.

In three years, he'll be dead...

... or 84 and blind.

I really thought he might get something laughable like 6 months and then house arrest.

This kind of thing always makes me feel weird. It's like it's a very, very small consolation for the victims. He's too old to have the debt he's incurred exacted from him

I have serious cognitive dissonance when it comes to Cosby. I grew up on the Cosby show and Fat Albert, Ghost Dadand Jello Pudding. It’s like my brain can’t handle the allegations against him. It won’t accept that this is really happening.

billcosby.jpg
Ghost Dad that movie was pure torture to get through maybe they'll force Cosby to watch it alone with Leonard part 6.

One question I have regardless of who someone is, is how far back do we go to determine their current judgement?

I’m quite sure most people aren’t the same person they were in high school or 30 years prior. I’d be pretty surprised if there is anyone who hasn’t done something shady in their youth.

I get someone committing rape, but damn,if someone went skinny dipping or mooned someone in high school they are somehow incapable to trust as an adult?

I feel quite certain that most of our national leaders would prefer if we didn’t know what they did in high school or college.

Frankly, I expect people to act that way at that age.

I think you nailed it, depends on what we're talking about.

Kid shit? Meh, kids. I did my fair share of stupid stuff too.

Violent crimes? I'm even willing to give those a pass depending on the circumstances. So you got an assault charge because of a bar fight, who cares?

Sexual crimes and crimes of moral turpitude I tend to draw the line at. Those come from your core, you don't just find yourself doing them. Like "Gosh darn guys, I had a shitty day and committed identity fraud, aw shucks" probably wouldn't fly.

Back